Saw Blades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Blades

I was wondering if anyone has used a 7 1/2 inch skillsaw blade on a 10" tablesaw? I've tried it and it works well.....Donny

What benefit do you find over the regular 10" blades?

Dave

Comment

For starters they are good quality and they are cheeper. I've bought a Dewalt 7 1/2 in. blade for 10.00 and the exact same blade in a 10" was 49.00. They are both the same brand and same teeth but it's almost 40.00 cheeper. It works the exact same way.I figure I might have come up with something. Hey, it works for me.
      I also talked to someone in tools at my local Lowes when I was looking at the blades and noticed that a Black n Decker blade "in the package" costs more than a Dewalt "not in a package" and I asked "Why"?? He said you were buying the package. The Dewalt was a much better blade just with no package. I told him I would just throw away the package anyway.He said "right you are".He said most people don't look at the blades much unless it's in a package but I did and I will buy mine from now on "Without a Package". Give me your opinion????????? Donny

Comment

"Without a package" is called bulk pack, or contractor's pack. In the case of the DeWalt zillion tooth circular saw blades I use, at least, it is the same blade.

Only thing I would recommend is giving one a lookover before buying, just in case someone picked one up and dropped it.

Dave

Comment

On the bulk pack blades at HD or Lowes, look over a blade very closely before buying. Carbide teeth are extremely susceptible to chipping, especially when stacked together like that.

Jake

Comment

Does anyone see any reason "Not" to use a 7 1/2 inch blade on a 10" tablesaw? If not I will continue using them, at least until I get time to get mine sharpened.....Donny

Comment

If the blade is certified for the proper speed, you can live with the reduced depth of cut, and it works OK for you, you're fine.

Dave

Comment

i use a 7 1/2" blade when i want a thinner cut

Comment

the small diameter blades are very useful when cutting the initial slot in a zero-clearance insert: no dangerous lowering the uncut insert onto a spinning blade. Also, when using reclaimed lumber the possibility of hidden nails is ever present so the low cost of these blades is an advantage. I have been using bulk pack blades for years on my table saws and a few hang by the saw at all times. For high end work they are not acceptable but serve well for the majority o fmy work.

Comment

I'm not sure how or if this effects the cut in a noticable manner but a 7 1/2" blade turning at the same RPM will be traveling approximately 25% slower at the cutting edge than a 10" blade. (I'm assuming the pulley is not being changed out when switching between these two blades.)

Wood Dog

Comment

Working...
                    X