X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS blade angle alignment

I have a TS2424 that I cannot get to 45 deg and remain stable. There is flexing at the 45 deg stop. I have followed the manual instructions but with little luck. As my projects have slowly increased these problems have presented. Any suggestions.

Once you have the blade set at the desired angle are you retightening the Tilt Lock Handle before you make your cuts? Do you use a thin or regular kerf blade?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Rog---flexing shaft, loose set screws, sawdust caking on threads, etc. I only use the 45 degree stop as a guideline for when I've close to where I want to be and then use a known angle block, square, etc., to actually check the blade position. I know the whole system is a pain, which is why, when the excuse came up, I bought a CMS.
      Dave

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        Yes I have tightened the tilt lock handle, but the problem seem to lie in the set stop which appear to flex when tightened and shifts the angle away from 45 deg (using an architects 45 deg plastic square or my combination square). What is a CMS machine/brand?

Comment

Rog---personally, if you're having that much trouble, I'd back off the stop and just set it with our 45 degree guage. You can make like a pretsel and clean off the threads---use a little graphite and re-set the stops, but as I said, I've never depended on either stop when setting a cut.

I bought a compound miter saw when I was replacing all the baseboards and door trim in my house. It's become a mainstay in my furniture making. I have a 12" DeWalt, but there are other good brands as well. Through many projects, it's remainded dead-on accurate and is espacially nice when cutting long boards.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X