No announcement yet.

Table saw elevation mechanism jammed

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw elevation mechanism jammed

I have a Rigid TS2424 Table saw. It is about 5 years old. Yesterday while I was using the saw the elevation adjustment wheel became very hard to turn. The blade elevation mechanism now seems to be totally jammed. I have turned the saw upside down and attempted to clean and lubricate the threads on the elevation mechanism, but it still will not move. I do not want to force it for fear of causing more dammage.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong and how to fix this? Do I need to take the saw into a repair shop to have this looked at?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'd take another look at the underside of the saw. It sounds to me like you might have a wood chip jamming the blade elevation mechanism or you didn't get all of the sawdust buildup cleaned out.

[ 02-06-2005, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: badgerdave ]
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Badger has it right----it's a pretty simple worm gear that engages with the teeth on the arbor assembly----however, don't overlook the back side---remember the motor assembly moves with the height adjustment----I've had wood scraps fall right into the gap of the motor bracket and keep the height from moving.

Thanks for the suggestions. I suspected that a piece of wood may have gotten jammed somewhere by the way it acted. Unfortunately, the saw is at my beach house and I'm back home now, so I will have to wait until the next time I go over there to try to see what is going on.

What is the best way to get at the back side of the elevation mechanism? I can see that there is nothing in the side with the worm gear.