X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizing Slides for Drawers

Can anyone tell me how one goes about selecting the correct size of a drawer slide when making drawers?

Re: Sizing Slides for Drawers

Are you talking length or weight?

Comment

Length. It looks like it needs to be shorter by a small amount looking at pics but it's not clear to me if there is some rule of thumb that is used.

Comment

When I built my kitchen cabinets, I used 22" full extension slides rated to 150 lbs. My drawers are about 30" wide, and one holds a couple cases of soda, so I went overboard on the weight capacity. My cabinets are face frames with inset drawer fronts, so I needed slides that would fit in a 23" deep carcass. I didn't do it, but you could build your drawers longer than the length of the slide. The overage wouldn't fully extend, but you'd get the additional storage. With my application, the slide extends the full 22", but since it's they are inside the 3/4" face frames, I still have a little of the drawer inside the carcass when fully extended.

Comment

Here's a little basic info.......sizing drawer slides.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The length depends on two things--the depth of the cabinet and the type of slide. Some slides fasten to the back of the cabinet, others to the sides. Usually one uses the longest slide that will fit in the cabinet.

Comment

1 1/2" short of the depth,will acomadate inset or overlay fine.

Jim

Comment

are you measuring from the inside (back side) of the face frame to the back wall?

Comment

Working...
                X