X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X2 hammer drill

I was wondering if anyone has any comments on this drill and how good it works when drilling in cement?

I am considering buying one of these on ebay. Does anyone know if the warrenty is still effective if bought from ebay?

Thanks.
    Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Originally posted by manhusbandfather:
    I was wondering if anyone has any comments on this drill and how good it works when drilling in cement?

I am considering buying one of these on ebay. Does anyone know if the warrenty is still effective if bought from ebay?

Thanks.
    I forgot to mention that it is 18v cordless.

Comment

I don't have an X2, but if you do a search you will find more than you ever wanted to know. Some love it, some hate it. Warranty is good only if bought from an authorized dealer-Home Depot.
      E-bay = no warranty.
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

The R841151 thats on ebay retails new at HD for $269 US
        To get this drill the current minimum bid is $181 US plus shipping. The shipping within the US is $15 and will likely be $30 to Canada.
        I really dont think you are saving enough to not have a warranty.
        I have the R841150 from the 4 peice kit and it does concrete as well as any corded hammer drill I have used. It is not the same as the R841151 but I would think the performance would be similar
        There is a new in box one that you can start the bid at $50 US but you just have to wonder what truck it fell off of. If it is new why not take it back to HD for a refund instead of loosing money on EBAY

[ 03-29-2004, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: wbrooks ]

Comment

It is the one starting at $50 and is new. I have always wondered where the heck they come from. Sometimes I think they come from employees who buy it at a crazy price and sell it to make money. Thank you for confirming that the warrenty is void is it is not from an authorized dealer. I will check out the drill at HD and see what they are worth (or more like what they are selling it at). I will also try to look up previous messages in here on those drills.

Thanks

Comment

I got my X-2 hammer drill from Home Depot during the lifetime warrenty offer. I love it. It has to be one of the strongest 18v drills around. It is on the heavy side at 7.25 pounds. You cannot hold the pistol grip handle with one hand unless you are popeye. I like the dual half hour fanned charger and the vented batteries.

Comment

"You cannot hold the pistol grip handle with one hand unless you are popeye."

I'm sure that you mean for extended periods of time.

I have rotator cuff tears and a bad elbow and still can hold mine comfortably for a reasonable length of time.

Being the genius I am, I bought a 12V for lengthy applications that don't required the power of the 18V.

Comment

Working...
              X