X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424 router table to replace cast iron wing

Does anyone know of a company that makes a router table that will replace one of the cast iron wings on the Ridgid TS2424. I don't have the room in my shop for another piece of equipment. but I really need a router table. I own a Bosch 1613 EVSK and I hope to be buying a new Porter Cable 892P for a table. Also what is up with the new look at Home Depot, is Emerson still making the saws and the rest of the ridgid power tools. And can I fit a longer set of rails on my TS2424 so it will accomodate a router table and not throw off the balance when up on the herc-u-lift

Why not just make one yourself? Check out sites like Woodcraft , Rockler and others for design ideas to copy.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Waz----as to who's making the tools---do a search back a few months---it's been covered from every angle.

As to chaning rails/fence---I don't know if there was any such thing as longer rails---I know some people reported shifting the 2424 rails to the right----do a search on that one as well.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate recommending to anyone how well a Biesemeyer fence works with the saw. You can get those fences in 30 or 52" rail sets---either of which should be good for a router table. I would not recommend removing a cast iron wing.

BTW----I added a 52" Biese', a home made extension table and a router insert-----while the saw could tip if you sat on the right end, it was fine to move----if you end up with a 30", there should be no trouble at all.
      Dave

Comment

Waz
        There are threads in the other forum on this site discussing the install of the Harbor Freight router table to a saw, a Sears Craftsman, and, if I recall correctly, the Mule router attachment. They are all well detailed as to how they worked. This subject has my attention too, as I want to do the same thing myself.
        \"Is it Friday yet?\"

Comment

Waz

While it is a good idea to build you own, the LOML purchased a table for me for our anniversary. She ordered it from Rockler and it came with the plate for my P-C 690. I removed the webbed wing from the right side of the table and inserted the new router table in its place. I have a photo if you would like to see it.

Comment

Just figured out how to post a pic.

Comment

Apparently not.
              Sorry

Comment

Well maybe now this will work, just click here
                Router table

Comment

Hey Tcann,
                  Wanna sell the cast web wing you took off?

Comment

Here is my router table that is attached to my TS2424 LS with the rails slid to the right now being a 3612... The table is from Mulecab http://www.mulecab.com/products.asp?...ucts=3&x=9&y=1

Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

BIG, How do you keep your area so clean? I sweep and it just stays ahead of me all the time. I've seen pictures of your saw before but it always interests me. Did you sell your jointer yet? Rick

Comment

Sorry Mr Dingode, I think I'll keep it. Thanks for asking tho.

Comment

Big J' is like these guy's you see in the ww'ing mags---never look like they use their shops.

BTW----what's that paint on the floor---are you re-painting your Ridgid tools to the new ghastly orange?

Really nice set up J.
                          Dave

Comment

Big's in Nebraska, that's probably 'Husker Red... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dave

Comment

Rick Leet... Still got the jointer. I would like to find a home for it soon... The Delta DJ15 is showing up tomorrow...

daveferg... I try to keep the shop as clean as possible... Also my two little helpers love to sweep and run the shop vac so I must give them most of the credit...

daveferg and Mr. Arbuckle... The orange on the shop floor is from the previous owner... He had a 64-1/2 Stang sitting in the garage sideways and I guess the paint on the floor was to keep from hitting it... <<Looking over shoulder>> "It would have stopped my wife thou"... He painted it on the wall too... I put some KILZ over that...

Here is a link to my pictures: http://home.neb.rr.com/iambigjohnson/Big%20Johnson/

The JET Jointer is what is "FOR SALE"... It really needs a good and caring home... Let me know if anyone is interested...

Here is a picture that my company came and took the other day of my shop for an article they are writing for our company news letter...
                              Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X