X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripping Blade

I'm looking for some recommendations for a dedicated ripping blade for my TS3612? Mostly ripping solid soft and hard wood where quality is more important than speed. Sometimes ripping thick stock, up to 3". Looking to spend $40 to $50, mabye $60. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I use a Leitz ripping blade, I am very pleased with it. Leitz uses thousand digit long part numbers that I could never remember, it is the only 10" rip blade they make. Here is one vendor that I can recommend: http://www.carbide.com/catalog/CTSB_...?ID=LTZ%2D831R

Like any standard ripping blade, it is sensitive to saw setup and operator technique. If I'm on top of my game, I can rip with it, no blade marks on either side of the cut. If I don't do my job well, it will show in the cut.

Dave

Comment

I use the ridgid blades, to rip stock. I haven't cut anything 3" thick though. I think you could get a couple of them for the mid price you're looking at spending.

Comment

check out carbide.com but look at the CMT. this blade is awesome. might be a few dollars more than you are looking to spend...i think i spent 64.00 for mine if i recall, but is cuts oak like a hot knife through butter. i love it! one blade i would look at ( it was not available when i bought my cmt) is the freud glue line rip blade. looks interesting

ed
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

I've used the Freud Glue Line blade, it is great, the finish is incredible. I got the best price from AI supply.

Comment

Working...
          X