X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit cleaning info

Hi all. If I am aloud to do this can you answer these questions? I am trying to come up with ideas to make bit cleaning easier and safer.

Bits = Router bits/Forstner bits/Drill bits

How many times do you clean your router bit?
    a) Once a month
    b) Once every 3 months
    c) Twice in 6 months
    d) Very often

How many bits do you clean at a time?
    a) 1-4
    b) 5-10
    c) 10-15
    d) 15+

If you can buy a kit to make cleaning 20 router bits and 8 forstner or 8 drill bits in one shot easier and faster what would you pay:
    a) Less than $30
    b) Between $30 and $45
    c) I would easily pay $50 if it is really efficient

Thanks all.

If I am not aloud to post this then go ahead and remove it. No hard feeling.
    Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

How many times do you clean your router bit? = Whenever it needs cleaning, depends on usage.

How many bits do you clean at a time? = One. I clean all my bits and blades as they need it.

If you can buy a kit yada yada yada.....? = I wouldn't buy a kit, unless you consider a bottle of Simple Green a kit.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I clean each bit after every use. That may mean two seconds with compressed air or a paper towel, or getting out the SG and an old toothbrush. I'd be very leary about a cleaning "machine."

Comment

CMT's 2050 cleaner is AWESOME!
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Clean bits and blades as needed. Saw blades will show when they need to be cleaned. Router bits get wiped down after each use if I do a lot, or every few uses depending on what they look like.

David (owner) @ infinity tools specifically told me to just wipe the bit down with WD-40 after each use and the pitch will come right off. Seems good that someone just recommends a cheap product rather than saying you need to spend xx dollars fo a product.

Comment

Working...
          X