X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 gauge finish nailer, angled

Now that the garage/shop is finished I am inside of the house, painting etc. Also will be puting up CROWN moldig in LR,DR, 2 BR and bath. This "OLD HOUSE was built about 1928-1932 area. 9' ceilings and oak floors and REAL 2 x4's etc. I have had to shim many times to make up the differance with todays 2 x 4's etc.The 16 Ga PC nailer will only go to 2" & I need 2 1/2". I am looking at the Bostirch N62FNK 15 Gauge angle finish nailer// the reviews look great. Any comments or other suggestion? I need HELP ASAP> I do appreciate the help that I have been given on tis forum, as I have not been led wrong. I have bought: compressor, framing nailer, 16 ga finish nailer,and crown stapler and an VRY happy with them... Thanks folks,, Docdick and ned HELP !

That's the one I bought, and I haven't had any problems with it, even though I have only had light use on smaller project - no major projects yet.

It has a very different feel than my PC brad nailer - I prefer the PC ergonomics (the way nails are loaded, the feel as I use it, etc.). I suspect your PC 16 gauge finish nailer will be similar to the PC 18 gauge brad nailer, so you might feel the same contrast that I do.

When I am debating between larger and smaller nails, I seem to always go to the PC brads. That bias may go away after a big project where I get more familiar with the Bostich

BTW if you are just getting started with crown mouldings, see this link - I haven't tried his suggestions, but it sounded good enough to save...
    http://www.josephfusco.com/GoLive5//...ngcrownpg1.htm

Comment

Doc, I just bought a Stanley Bostich 15 angled head nailer and I must say It works quite nicely. The angle magazine is critical in crown molding due to it allows you to get in tight corners. I purchased the older model N60 off of ebay for a great price. Senco would be my first choice then Porter Cable. Since it is a tool I will not be using much I went with price first. In my opinion the 15 is a better choice than the 16 due to it has more holding power. Next time you are at the big box take a look at the 16 and 15 gauge nails and judge for yourself. Goodluck
      Reggie (Grainraiser)
      Reggie

Comment

This reply may be too late to be helpful, but if you're still looking, look hard at the P-C DA250B. Note the "B". This is an upgraded version of P-C's angled 15 ga. finish naileer, and I just brought one home night before last. It is a useful improvement on what was already a great tool. Got it for $175 at H-D.

Comment

DocDick
          I would look at a Pasilode (sp?) pneumatic finish nailer. My son-in-law the builder has one and I'm was very impressed. It will shoot 3/4 inch to 2 1/2. Although you have to have an insert to go lower than the 1 inch. With that range you really don't need a brad nailer.
          I used his doing the finish nailing in the last house we built and never had a misfire or jammed nail.
          Did you get my e-mail?
          Rev Ed

Comment

Working...
          X