Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

How Do I Connect my Ridgid Dust Collection System...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Connect my Ridgid Dust Collection System...

To a dust collector with 4" outlets? It's a Penn State DC1BXL. Is there a specific fitting that someone has used that works well? Or do I fabricate my own? Thanks in advance for your replys.

Congrats on the new dust collector. I just ordered the 850 cfm horizonal model. What did you come up with to connect to your ridgid dust collection system. I have the same issue as you do. Mine will be here at the end of next week and I want to be ready to connect it up and go.

Thank,

John

Comment

Go to www.ridgidparts.com and look at the AC8602 Dust Collection Kit. Its a 4" hose with a 4" to 2 1/2" adapter.

Jake

Comment

I just got my dust collector and just bought some 4 to 2 1/2" reducers. Penn State Industries sent me a free section of 4" hose that I used to connect the reducer to the collector. It all worked out well.

I had my doubts about the performance I would see from the 850 cfm using the 2" dust collection network. After having it hooked up to my 30 feet of tubing and tested the flow at the other I am more than impressed. The collector is quieter and has much better flow.

I hope yours works out as well as mine has. I'm very happy. When I have more space I will upgrade to a 4" network using this collector.

Good Luck,

John

Comment

Hi John and Jake, and thanks Jake for the info. I had looked around the Ridgid site before and had not seen that accessory. I did end up making my own connection with help from Penn State and Delta.

John, it does seem to me that the reduction from 4" to 2 1/2" causes some restriction in the flow, but I'm not producing much dust yet so I can't complain. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again to both of you for responding.

Comment

I have noticed that I am not getting the full flow, but it is still higher than my shop vac. It is also much quieter. Penn State Industries makes a great collector.

Thanks,

John

Comment

I have a 2 1/4" RIGID dust collection for my shop. IT has 4 tubes with shut offs and black flex hoses. I have a picture, but the problem I am having is 1.5hp motor wet and dry vac and 10 gal container.
              I have it above my tools. Should it be lower the man at home depot said should not be a problem. Also when hooking it too the back of my table saw I get saw dust coming out the front of the saw.
              My radial arm saw I built a bit of scoop but still the saw throws the dust and particles and it is uncaught by my pick up devices any suggestions on how this should work. My vacuum is also in middle of the setup should it be on the end of the run ?

Ray

Comment

I just completed my dust system using Ridgid components so I'll tell you I gave the same thought to location of tubing. All the pictures I observed showed the tubing above the tools either just above or high on the wall. I wanted the walls above the tools to be clear for future shelves or cabinets. I also considered the lower suction volume of the shop vac compared to a DC. Without scientific equations I deduced the lifting power for wood chips would need to be greater the higher I tried to lift them. So, the tubing was mounted approximately 24" above the floor and flows down from the tools and straight into the separator. So far it works great without any problems. I have 5 semi stationary tools connected with about 25 feet of tubing. As far as the table saw goes I just put a piece of duct tape over the blade tilt slot.

Comment

GOOD DAY EVERYONE. I HAVE A 2HP DC CONNECTED WITH 4" DUCT AND STILL GET DUST OUT OF THE TOP OF MY TABLESAW. I WANT AN AFTERMARKET OVERARM GUARD WITH DUST PICKUP BUT THEY ARE ALL WAY OVERPRICED. I'M BUILDING MY OWN. IF IT WORKS, I'LL POST THE DESIGN.

Comment

Sorry Ray I missed the 1.5hp. Mine is the 5.5, 16gal Rdgid. You may be under powered [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X