X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300 Planer Knives

I've been shopping for a new set of planer knives for my TP1300 and I just can't believe a new set costs a little over $100!!! That's about one third the cost of a brand new planer! Where can I find knives cheaper?

There is nothing special about the blades. Measure them carefully, & you can buy them just about anywhere. Google planer knives for a huge list. I've had good business with International Tool for these sorts of items. Check their website, but a phone call can work just as well,,,they're really good helpful people.

Comment

Where are they trying to charge over $100 for a set of knives? I just bought a set at the BOB and only paid about $30.
      Bill

Comment

$108 and change from our friends at Ridgid. What is "the BOB"?

Comment

BOB = Big Orange Box (aka Home Depot)

Comment

OH, that BOB! At my local BOB, they told me they didn't sell the replacement knives and I'd have to get them on line directly from Rigid. I smell a conspiracy......

Comment

Where are you located? because I stock them at my store.
              Jeff

Comment

St. Loius, MO. How much is a set?

Comment

Wildwood,

Sounds like someone is trying to take you for a ride.

I just purchased two sets of TP1300 knives from Home Depot for $32/set. The local BOB does not stock the kinves, so I ordered them through customer service. They called me when they were in and I picked them up with no problem.

Not all customers are getting the red-*** from Home Depot.

Comment

Thanks. I tried a different Home Depot, and after much searching in the tool crib, there they were! $32.

Comment

Do an ebay search, someone from SC was selling the blades in bulk and prices were averaging around $10-15 a set...I picked up 3 sets at that price.
                      murph

Comment

You know.... Has anyone else noticed how inconsistant HD is? They have stuff in the stores that do not show up online and they also have stuff in one store but not another.

I had been going to the HD that is newer near my house thinking a newer one may have their stuff together. WRONG. The older one ALWAYS has what I am looking for and don't give me the run around.

I was looking for the Ryobi 40 piece router set for $119 (as shown online) at one store and they guy told me they don't have them and never will again. He said they were a Christmas only thing.

I went over to the other HD and they had stacks of them. AND they were $99 in the store!!!! The guys there said it has been a regular item on their shelves for a while now and it should not go away anytime soon.

!@#!@#$!@#

ugh... Thank God for forums like this where you can find out the real deal from people that actually give a hoot.

Comment

Hey Doc,
                          I spoke to an HD manager once about that. He said the stores stock reflects the area where the store is located to some degree and also up to the manager. The san francisco HD stocks lots of pansies, the minnesota HDs likely stock snow shovels. You cannot get a snow shovel at the downtown san diego HD.
                          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I agree with Rafael, each store seems to be labelled by HQ as to what it can or cannot have (sounds like the military). My local store in Corning, NY always seems to be late in getting certain products and when they arrive, are in short supply. The Binghamton store is better stocked, but even they have differences. What I really enjoy is how they set the stores up to target local businesses (similar tactics to Walmart).

In our area, we had several lawn and garden places, so when they built the store, a major amount of floor space is dedicated to lawn and garden, as they try to take that business away from locals. Up in Oneonta, NY where my son lives, they had a couple of tool rental places already and when HD opened up a couple of months ago, they had a major tool rental area, but minimum lawn and garden. The store's don't seem to recogize what a location needs as much as they recognize what they may already have and therefore want to compete with.

For what it's worth,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael: The san francisco HD stocks lots of pansies,
                              I imagine they stock lots FOR pansies too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                              Lorax
                              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
                              X