Ridgid 10" Miter Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 10" Miter Saw

Just purchased a 10" mitrer saw and found that the vacuum collection port does not collect much. The chips seem to hit the spring at the rear and fly all over. The Craftsman 10" that I have collects everything and the vacuum hose port is half the size. Has anyone else seen this problem and does anyone have a cure.
    Thanks
    Lon

MIter saws are notorious for their inability to capture sawdust. If you had one that actually did a good job of sawdust collecting, you are not only very fortunate but also in the minority. I think the RIDGID's lack of ability to catch sawdust is more the norm than a problem. I have a 10" Craftsman CMS that even hooked up to a shopvac only collects about 30% of the sawdust it makes.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Thanks Dave - I was hoping for better news. The 10" Craftsman I have really does collect about 90% when connected to a shop vac.
      Lon

Comment

The Ridgid 12" has a 2 1/2" opening at the back of the blade guard for a full size vac hose. The 10" is reduced. That may be why. I know my 12 does a good job when hooked to a wet dry vac.

Comment

I have the middle range 10 inche delta Mitre saw. It has no problems catching most of the sawdust. I have to empty bag every time I use it.

Jake

Comment

Working...
          X