Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for taking the time to check that out for me, I appreciate the effort. I called the local Ace on Saturday and wouldn't you know it, that particular model is not available thru them. The guy told me that most of the model #'s surrounding the 30-466 were available to him but not the 30-466.

I'll have to check out those FastCap tapes. There's a local company a few miles from my house that stocks them. Maybe thats the route I'll have to go. Thanks again.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

You're welcome. I think I'm going to pick up the "Flatback" tape from them. It's one of those tools that will not be used all the time, but will certainly come in handy.
      Jeff

Comment

Hey BD I was in LV yesterday and picked up a R-L Blindmans tape, it has 1/16ths

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks:
          Hey BD I was in LV yesterday and picked up a R-L Blindmans tape, it has 1/16ths
          WB, I hope the next time I have to call LV's customer service that I don't get the same guy I talked to the other day. And of course, I would have to be the first guy that I've ever heard of that had anything but a positive experience where LV is concerned. un- [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well I didn't say why I was there in the first place... I recieved a Medium Shoulder plane for my 40th and the toe was machined 0.010" too thin. The plane would rock when you sat it on a flat surface. The guy (no point in names) in Ottawa CS said he thought that was normal but the master carpenter was not in and they would call me back. Called them 3 days later still no resolution. Got tired of waiting so I went to the store and they were shocked at the response and said this is the first tool they have seen that was machined wrong and passed QC - I believe that. The good thing about LV is that they have low employee turn over so you can always find someone that has the right answer

Comment

I am not fortunate enough to live near there, so i deal strictly mail order. Never had a Customer Service problem. Good People.
              \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Hey BD I'm from Ontario (You know home of LV)
                and also a preferred customer. They have Cabinetmakers tapes that are 1/2 x10 in either r or l hand cat. # 06K15.02 for the Left to Right
                06K15.01 for the Right to Left

Comment

Working...
                X