X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction and TS Question

Hello, I ran across this forum an few days ago, and decided to sign up and see what I could learn. First of all, let me say that there seems to be a wealth of information on this board and that everybody seems to be very friendly and helpful. Also, even though Ridgid sponsors the board, everything that I've seen so far has been very objective. This is a very welcom sign.

Now to my question. I'm getting ready to buy a table saw in the next month or so for home/hobby use. I've read everything that I can find here and other places, and agree in principle with the advice to buy a contractors saw over a portable if at all feasible. However, in my case, it's not feasable. My storage space is very limited, and I"ll have to do all of my work in my carport. With that in mind, I'm really looking hard at the TS2400LS. Here's my question. The display model at my local HD seems to be a little bit wobbly on the rear legs. Is this something that can be tightened up, or is it something that I'll have to learn to live with?
    De Colores,
    Dow
    Boerne, TX

What you see, isn't what you get! Right guys? If you read 100 of the posts on this site 99 will have something said about the poor representation HD does for Ridgid's Quality. I don't have the saw you're looking at but others here do, I'm sure you'll be hearing from them, about how sturdy in-fact this saw is...
    By the way "dow" Stability is a MUST,not "something to live with".

[ 03-03-2003, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Andrew H ]

Comment

Thanks for the response, Andrew. By the way, you don't have to put my name in quotes. It's just my name.

As regards the 2400. Do you know what adjustments need to be made to the stand to make it more stable?
      De Colores,
      Dow
      Boerne, TX

Comment

Dow,

I believe KellyC has one of these saws, or at least the stand. I'm sure he will offer his knowledge when he see's your post.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanks, John. On reflection, maybe I should have posted this to the general topics forum. I'll do a repeat there.

To the moderator: If you see this post, please kill this thread. thank you.
          De Colores,
          Dow
          Boerne, TX

Comment

Dow,

I'm quite sure no adjustment are necessary to make the saw stable. If the saw and stand are assembled correctly the unit will be stable.

Dave
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
            X