No announcement yet.

MS1290

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an old post but I don't see any responces.
    Well I went and purchased one and the slide it a major problem. It is a little loose. It also feels like it runing on gravel on mine. Not a happy camper with this say. I have e-mailed rigid for some fixes but no responce. So I guess I will get the Hitachi or something else. Imports!!!

[ 02-25-2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: LB ]
    oops

Comment

I have the Ridgid slider and love it. I did tweak it some what but its held very well. It is well designed with the user in mind. It is heavier then most but it also gives you 13 1/2" of cross cut. That really helps on wide miters. I put it on their stand Miter Saw Utility vehicle they call it. The stand is great also. Slide miters need to mounted to something, either a permant place or portable stand so the weight is not a factor for me. The one piece table is large enough to support the extra with of cut and being one piece I don't have the nightmare of what to do if I knock the table out of line moving it from jobsite to jobsite. Had a yellow one before and the turn table got knocked, never could get it back in line because there is no adjustment for the none pivoting tables.

Comment

Well I have still no responce form Ridgid.
        This saw looks great but with the bad bushings it isn't working properly. I checked out some more saws at HD and they are all the same, rough.
        I guess I will get the Makita 1013ls. I realy wanted the MS1290LZ to work out. But since Ridgid isn't in the mood to stand behind there say good by. Hello Makita 1013ls.

I thought living next to Ridgid I could have just taken it in and have them look at it. Guess not.
        oops

Comment

Hey bdueker why are you not helping this fellow out with his problem? ? ???

[ 02-27-2004, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Ted140 ]

Comment

Working...
          X