X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senco Frame Pro 600 leak

My gun started leaking air from the exhaust port yesterday. It now has a steady stream of air coming from it and this makes the compressor cycle on and off way to much.

Does anyone know if this is something I can fix? I oil it daily but forgot the oil when packing up yesterday and it was cold...is this the cause?
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

I had the same problem with my new dewalt framing gun in the same weather conditions, and i Changed the male fitting on the end of the gun and the new fitting stopped the leak. It may have been dropped or somehow damaged it, but the new fitting didn't leak. hope i helped you
    good luck

Comment

mine has a new inlet on it....it leaks from the back where the exhaust outlet is.
      Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

My very old Paslode finish gun and Stanley coil nailer have experienced such problems in the past. If out of warranty you might consider taking it apart and cleaning it if you are comfortable with many pieces and o-rings. I could not believe the grunge in the big old coil nailer. I hosed mine out with WD-40, blew it out with air, and used some plumbers grease to prelube and hold things together for assembly. This should be ok with most types of rubber but you never know what strange things some of the manufacturers may use.

My old Paslode shelled out the main piston and my brother-in-law who has a machine shop made me a new one since the Paslode rep respectfully laughed and did offer me some free gaskets.

Good luck!

Comment

Sounds a little like a o-ring seal has gone bad in the top of the piston. Our crew has three Paslode framing guns we use. On occasion they will develop the same type of leak you are describing, thankfully we have a good sales rep from the lumber company we use, he gets them fixed for free for us. Weirdest thing happened on a gun I was using was the adjust screw that adjusts depth of driving on the nose of the gun broke right off! Couldn't even get the broken part of the screw out Paslode had to replace the whole piece.

Comment

Working...
          X