X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molding Head Mfgs.

Can I have some recommendations of a good manufacture of Molding Heads? The saw is a Rigid TS-3650 so I would assume perhaps a 7" will suffice? (Can an 8" be used?). I have the Dado Insert so I'm all set as far as that goes.

I bought a Craftsman Molding Head yesterday but one of the set screws is stripped - which does not leave me with a particularly warm and fuzzy feeling. I really don't want to have a blade imbedded in my forehead, thank you.

I see that Delta has a Head (w/3 blades) for $142.00 (www.tools-plus.com). The Craftsman Head (sans blades) is only $34.00. I think that speaks volumes...

I was surprised to see that Freud does not make any. :-/

Thanks!

You may have to do a little further checking to confirm if these will work on the 3650 but This Site has some.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave,

Many thanks. Boy, that sure looks like the Craftsman. I did confirm that Delta does in fact still make one but at nearly 5X the price. They seem to be very, very few and far between.

I was speaking with a friend yesterday who has been Woodworking for the past 25 years. About 20 years ago he had one cutter come loose at full throttle...and he hasn't touched a molding head since. Apparently it whizzed right past his ear.

Again, thank you!

Comment

I have the Craftsman molding head and I use it regularly on a 2424 with good results, no problems, and no concerns. Any product can have a defect; I'd take yours back and get another.

Comment

Why not use the Ridgid molding head cutter? Go to ridgidparts.com

Comment

Working...
          X