Table saw questions- again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw questions- again

Looked at the 3650, looks like it would suit my purposes. Just starting out, but don't want a saw I'll outgrow quickly. How about the 2400? It looks as if it could do the newbie type projects I'd like to do, but will it soon be too little? Also, has Ridgid got the motor problems on the 3650 straightened out? I don't want to buy a saw and then have to tune up the motor to get it to run good. Thanks for the help.

I've had the 3650 for a couple weeks now and have had no problems, even ripping 6/4 oak and cherry.
    Before I retired part of my job was machinery balance and vibration analysis, so I feel qualified to say that this is one smooooth saw.I'm happy I bought it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Lorax

We don't need no steenking prototype!
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Some people get great results with the smaller saws like the 2400 and Ryobi Bt3100, but after buying a contracter belt drive saw, I will never downsize, and will never need bigger either. The Ridgid is a good alround choice.
      \"Is it Friday yet?\"

Comment

My advise is to go with the largest table saw you can afford and have space for. I started with the Delta benchtop model with a shopmade cabinet on casters. It worked okay for small projects. Although some people do some extraordinary work with such saws, my lack of experience and concern over safety lead me to purchase a TS 2424, the grandfather to the 3650. Although lack of experience and concern over safety were still there, I felt the 2424 was at least a couple of notches above the Delta. The smaller the saw the more limited you are as far as genernal woodworking is concerned.

Comment

gdog - have one, used probably 210-220 hours on one, maybe 100-110 on other that resides about 25' away from #1.
          Exceeds my margin my expectations for saw initially ____ based on the fears that a certain non-owner critic likes to either imagine, create or embelish ___ I for the life of me cannot find fault in this saw. I try - everytime I hear something I look, if it is even a factor for some on whatever I look. Danged if I see a problem other than ones that I imagine could be a problem (wirenuts) or the alleged leg flex issue or whatever....makes us crazy here thinking about it. We find no faults.
          Buy one - beat it up. If you do not like - return it. You won't but it's there for you to use/do.
          Try that with another company......imagaine beating up there stuff and then taking it back. Good luck as they say ......
          Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

gdog - The 3650 probably would suit your needs....as would many of the saws in the $600 range. My advice is to get familiar with all the machines in your range and buy the best tool you can afford that suits your needs. As a comparison, look at the saws in the next price range up and get familiar with the fences and overall quality so you'll have a good reference. Happy hunting!

Comment

Working...
            X