X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few questions for the experts.

I am VERY new to woodworking and I am trying to make some decisions regarding tools. I have purchased the TS2412 tablesaw and I am using this as my starting point. I have had it for about two months now and I love it.

My first question is regarding one of the table saw's features. I notice that I can add the wheels that the TS3612 has, for $89.00. I may do that in time. I also noticed that I can buy the hooks used to hang the fence and miter gauge, so I did. I also noticed that on ridgidparts.com, the rear trunnion table has the exact same part number for both the TS3612 and TS2412. Can I assume that the essentric lever and screw set lock from the TS3612 replacement parts list would be all I needed to add the micro-adjust functionality of the TS3612 to my saw, or is there more to it than that?

My second question is regarding the 14" band saw. I understand that this bandsaw carries a resaw capacity of 6". I am wondering though, if I were to purchase this saw and add the riser block does this increase of cut depth also translate into an increase in resaw capacity? This one seems obvious to me that it would, but I thought I would double check to see if maybe there was something else that limited the resaw capacity to 6". Thanks for any help on this.

On the riser for the band saw. It will add more resaw capity.
    Andy B.

Comment

The riser block will add more resaw capability, however, you must remember this is not a high power saw and just because you have 12 inches of clearance you will probably not be able to effectively resaw 12 inches.

Comment

ah ha. So the ½ HP motor would probably choke when trying to resaw a piece of 2x12 Oak. See, that's why I asked. thanks. Now how about that micro-adjust trunnion question I asked? Jake?

Comment

To put the micro adjust trunnion on your TS2412 all you will need is the trunnion, the lever and the center bolt. The other two bolts are the same.

Also the band saw has a 3/4 hp motor not a 1/2 hp

Jake

Comment

I added a micro-adjust trunnion to my saw (an old Emerson), put out by Pals---it works better than nothing, but getting an allen wrench set into it is a pain---Rigid's new design certainly answers that problem.
            Dave

Comment

Thanks jake. Sorry about the mix-up about the motor. I must have confused the bandsaw specs with the lathe specs since I was shopping both at the time I posted that.

Comment

Thanks jake. Sorry about the mix-up about the motor. I must have confused the bandsaw specs with the lathe specs since I was shopping both at the time I posted that.

Comment

Working...
                X