TS3650 Table Saw made in USA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Table Saw made in USA?

I am doing more projects in which I need a table saw. I will be buying in the next few months but don't want to spend more than 600.00. I like the features of this unit. A question I would like answered is if this unit is made in the USA or not? If so, that would about do it for me. Thanks

Darn, I have no doubt in the quality. I am looking for the most bang for the buck now. If it turns out to be this one, then I won't hesitate to buy it. Thanks for your post.

Comment

It's not made in the US....few if any at this price range are. If you're lucky you'll find one made in Taiwan.

As far as best bang for the buck....that's a decision only you can answer. There are several saws in your price range from names like Delta, Jet, Grizzly, General Intl, Bridgewood, and as mentioned, Ridgid. All will do a great job spinning a blade and cutting straight. Get familiar with the differences in features, fences, miter gauges, construction quality, etc. They all have pros and cons. Then you can make an informed decision about which one will best suit your needs.

Take the emotions of others lightly. People with a new saw in this price range are generally pretty happy regardless of the selection.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood:
        It's not made in the US....few if any at this price range are. If you're lucky you'll find one made in Taiwan.

As far as best bang for the buck....that's a decision only you can answer. There are several saws in your price range from names like Delta, Jet, Grizzly, General Intl, Bridgewood, and as mentioned, Ridgid. All will do a great job spinning a blade and cutting straight. Get familiar with the differences in features, fences, miter gauges, construction quality, etc. They all have pros and cons. Then you can make an informed decision about which one will best suit your needs.

Take the emotions of others lightly. People with a new saw in this price range are generally pretty happy regardless of the selection.
        henwood - Very well stated. A lot of options out there, for a few more dollars the Bridgewood is nice buy from Wilke right now also, but shipping can get $$$ even tho they offering 50% off thru mid-January. Looked hard myself also at the General - nice fence and well built and loved. But the features to me anyway were not worth the extra $150-180 by time mobile base added.
        Awaiting the opinions on new Grizz. Some of their stuff is extremely well made and enjoyed. The Delta and Jet cost even more and I dunno....offer what? for the extra $$$$.
        Have double 3650's and enjoy every cut. Likely would with any of above too. I ended up paying under $560 (10% discount coupon) for first one, incl tax and retail on #2, - cost vs added benefits/features of others, if any, was just one of many factors. I'm very happy with decision I made but my needs and purposes may differ from yours.
        You'll be happy with any of them I'm sure. If no rush and for whatever reason leery of making decision maybe wait for more info on Grizz to hit street too.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Definitely not made in United States. Everyone says they want them made here, but I promise you nobody wants to pay american made prices.. lol.

I won't tell you which saw to buy, b/c that is a personal choice. But I would try to use a table saw first, maybe borrow a friends for a project or 2 or a couple weeks if possible.

Also, find a good woodworking specialty store outside of Home depot / lowes / menards. One that would be helpful would have many different brands set up with the different fences. Inca, Beis, etc.

I too was impressed with the Ridgid until I saw some other fence systems. ( I drove 45 minutes to a local WOODCRAFT STORE ) I had heard Bies was the best but never seen one. After seeing the Bies, and having some working knowledge with other fence system, my decision was much easier.

I did not buy ridgid, so I will refrain a product review. Just keep in mind that most people love their tablesaws b/c it's the most used piece of equiptment in the shop and most of them saved their money to make purchase. ( Nobody wants to admit they are wrong.. lol ) So they love whatever they buy.

Good luck

Jake

Comment

I dunno Jake - having boght many things I personally can tell you I do not love 'em all. Or I guess did not - anything that I did not like is gone. Some things I don't necessarily love remain - but only because they continue to good job at what they intended for despite some shortcomings in simplicity, etc.
            Guess the fence issue is well taken. Rigid's is decent but not a Bies level obviously. Howvever I did not expect it to be nor honestly need one.If I ever feel I do I'll maybe add one - if I ever reach the level I need a Bies I may also factually then need a CS too?! If that day ever comes unexpectedly upon me I'll deal with it then I guess. But I really don't think at the 600-700 level one can expect to see it included on any saw so it was not a factor to me in my decision.

Been eyeballing a real big serious bandsaw, 20" plus range. Laguana is mucho attractive. Read review on that speciality blade they have for resawing last night and choked at price too - $113 plus is spendy. But if we need it to do what we need to do - then we just eat the bill and do it.

Boils down to actual needs more often than not. That only a buyer knows.

Look at the options and touch 'em all. Then you decide. What we say is only our .02 for our applications, which will always be different than yours.
            Luck to ya and again - they all good. Don't lose any hair here over decision process.

Comment

couldnt' have said it better myself.

That is why I suggested kicking some tires and asking questions.

Good luck on your decision

Jake

Comment

Hi Cranky - With respect I'd like to ellaborate on a statement: "...But I really don't think at the 600-700 level one can expect to see it (Biesemeyer type fence) included on any saw so it was not a factor to me in my decision."...

Grizzly, Bridgewood, Woodtek, King Industrial, Canwood and General International are among the saws that include solid cast wings and a Biese style fence in the $600-700 range. GI's General T-fence is made with some association to Biesemeyer and is a spittin' image if the Biese.

Comment

Morning hewood - yes, they do have very nice clones and respect that. Only thing is they near the upper dollar range of hign $600's already - then add tax and shipping - unless a great deal be had they seem to be more in range of $730-750 dropped at door, mine anyway. Kinda splitting hairs here kinda because close to $700 I know. Just thinking closer to $600 or under retail --- then kill us with the taxes and shipping.
                  You right - these are nice fences, better than the 3650 IMO. But that's the $170 ++ price differntial I was saying earlier too.
                  Have only seen pix of the new Grizz - hope someone close gets one so I get to play on it. I am curious on the fence they using on that one now-any thoughts? Have ya seen one up close?
                  The weather dictates I get me arse out and do some blowing.....pretty white stuff. Already ready for it to go away....ooops. Gotta want til Santa comes!

Comment

hewood - afterthought on the GI fence. I believe they actually held licensing rights to the Bies at one time or something similar....that one is a dead on ringer. Some have said they like even better around here due to something on it. Not sure - just know they love it.
                    Later-have a good one

Comment

Hi again Cranky - One aspect of the Gen T-fence that Wood Mag pointed out is the "foot" that the cam lock mechanism pushes against when it locks down to the front rail. It spreads the pressure over a larger area. That's a likely cause for the low deflection they measured on it.

I believe the Biese has the same "foot", but none of the clones I know of have it.

Have fun in the snow!

Comment

licensing rights, very possible cranky. I learned that Powermatic did at one time too. Almost bought the company but one reason or another, Delta ended up buying it. Reason why PM has their version is simply that " didn't want Delta product on their saw " Simple enough, Sounds like GI could have done same thing. PM made an improvement or 2 on the actual fences but I can't for the life of me remember what it is... lol < oh yeah, locking mechanism on front of lever is a wider piece of metal against front of track, so stays more true while sliding but in functionality thats such a little difference. Cuz they all lock down square. I consider them pretty much the same >

Jake

Comment

Thanks for all of the helpful responses.

Comment

Working...
                          X