X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Table saw blade

I am considering upgrading the saw blade that came on my TS2412. This is only a hobby with me. The old blade is still sharp.

If I do upgrade what should I buy?

Thanks

Bob

BOB
    Depends on what you want to do. There have been some other saw blade posts here. I know I would like to get a rip blade, crosscut blade.. etc.. check out the Frued website. Lots of good stuff there.

Comment

Bob,
      First question; Whats the Budget?
      Second question; Is quality important?
      I'll answer #2 first. Dave M has a good recommendation Freud makes a wide varity of blades and I don't think you could go wrong buying one. I am considering a 3 pack currently being offered for $150.00ish of there teflon coated blades (thats $50.00 per blade, not bad for a good quality blade). These are supposed to be the next best thing to come along (gawd I'm a sucker for good ad's).
      #1 If the budget is an issue, then check out Sears (this is killing me to make this recommendation). Around this time of year they offer a three pack of saw blades for around $50.00, (usually 2 carbide and one plain), combinations can be Ok or somewhat weird, last time I got a steel plywood plade, good for maybe a dozen cuts, a multipurpose blade, worked well in the miter saw for chopping up fire wood, and a rip blade, which is ok for most of the ripping I do. These are not HIGH quality blades but they will serve you well, I've survived on them for years, but now it's time to move up a rung on the ladder. One last place to look is Home Depot, I picked up an Oldham Ripping blade for less than $30.00 on one of there this item is on sale and unless you happen to be in the store at the right time sales you'll never know about it. Anybody else notice these sales??? I've picked up lot's of stuff when its been marked way down.
      Good luck
      Dave
      It\'s not the quantity or quality of your tools that matters....<br />It\'s all in the firewood that\'s left over.....

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

The three blade idea sounds like a winner!

Comment

Dave

After a small search, I have been unable to find the 3 pkg. saw blade sale.

Can you help?

Thanks

Bob

Comment

Found it!
            http://secure02.ecommercesoftware.co..._CAT_REF=95758

Thanks

Comment

What is Freud's web address? Can't find it on a search.

Comment

Bob, Which one? Freud or Sears? If your after the Sears hopefully you have a store nearby, I've learned that the variety will change everytime a new order comes in, so they may have a couple of options sitting on the shelf. Now if your after the Freud Tool Crib has them for I believe $149.00, I just received a new catalog from Woodworkers Supply and they will price match and take another 10% of the difference, (whats that mean? another 60 cents?). They have some other nice goodies so you might want to check them out. I have not checked their web site but the address is www.woodworker.com.
                tplank, as far as Freud my master list is at home so I'll need to see if they have a web address, maybe a few nights before I'll stay late and play on the net but I will get back to you.
                Dave
                It\'s not the quantity or quality of your tools that matters....<br />It\'s all in the firewood that\'s left over.....

Comment

Freud's web site is www.freudinc.com . It is very new, but seems to be working pretty well.

Dave

Comment

DCH,
                    I am trying to look up the www.woodworker.com site you spoke of... Can't get it to fly. Could you double check the address for me? I am interested in taking a gander at it... [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

BigJ Don't have the catolog here in front of me to verify the address but I picked on the link in my post and it took me right to the site try it again maybe they were having server problems.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X