X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 burning

help, i have tried everything and i am still not getting a clean cut when i rip a board.i have set this saw up and have redone it over and over, but i get burning on the wood about 8" into the cut, and saw marks on the wood. this is not my first saw, and i have set up others but never had a problem like this.i checked the coller and run out is good less then one hundred thousand.the blades our good not cheap ones.fence is good cross cuts our clean,and i have read some books,need a new idea to try.

Originally posted by jack52:
    help, i have tried everything and i am still not getting a clean cut when i rip a board.i have set this saw up and have redone it over and over, but i get burning on the wood about 8" into the cut, and saw marks on the wood. this is not my first saw, and i have set up others but never had a problem like this.i checked the coller and run out is good less then one hundred thousand.the blades our good not cheap ones.fence is good cross cuts our clean,and i have read some books,need a new idea to try.
    What is the "coller" you checked? No runouts should be anywhere near .100". Runout at arbor should be less than .002". Zero would be better. Runout of blade should be less than .005". Again zero would be better. Fence should be cocked about .005" away from the back of the blade. Sounds like you are binding between the back of the blade and the fence. If you are cutting cherry it will burn pretty much no matter what you do, but you still shouldn't get saw marks. Hope that helps.

[ 11-06-2004, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Check the alignment of the splitter and the blade. You may need to realign it if you have not checked it in a while or have changed blades recently.

I found mine was offset from center enough that when I changed from the blade I had set it up with to another, narrower blade that the splitter now hung out in the path of the waste side (fence to the right of the blade, and waste falling off to the left of the balde) and contacted the wood just enough to pull the workpiece off the fence behind the blade. On short length cuts this did not show up, but when ripping lengths over 12" it would occur.

So check the splitter alignment from BOTH side of your blade and when you change blades. I place a straight edge against the blade from each side and verify the splitter lies between a line projected back from each edge of the blade, this haas eliminated the buring and saw marks I was seeing on longer rip cuts.

Comment

I'm sure you probably already have but if you haven't, check your blade for pitch buildup.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
        X