LOOKING FOR A TOOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOOKING FOR A TOOL

i saw a guy use this tool that he used to join trim.it cut a 1/2 bowtie in the pieces to be joined and when he put both pieces together it made a bowtie and he had these precut bowties that fit in the void .it held the pieces together tight . it was a great system but i cant find one anywhare . does anyone know what im talking about and whare i can find one? he called it a "bowtie joiner"

Originally posted by Conkle73:
    i saw a guy use this tool that he used to join trim.it cut a 1/2 bowtie in the pieces to be joined and when he put both pieces together it made a bowtie and he had these precut bowties that fit in the void .it held the pieces together tight . it was a great system but i cant find one anywhare . does anyone know what im talking about and whare i can find one? he called it a "bowtie joiner"
    I think you saw it on This Old House and it costs a fortune. As I remember they were trimming out a house and it had special molding needs. Tom DiSilva demonstated the use of the machine to Norm who played the straight man asking important questions. I can't remember why they had to use the machine but I do remember it cut a half of bowtie or a dove tail type slot in the wood then you did the same with the other and I think the machine then pulled the two pieces together and inserted a small bowtie connector in the slots. The molding came off the machine perfectly connected. I think they said the machine was like couple grand or something.
    Rev Ed

Comment

Try these folks:

WoodCraft
      Oxford Square Shopping Center
      246 Semoran Blvd.
      Casselberry, FL 32707
      Phone: (407) 260-5002
      Fax: (407) 260-5017
      orlando-retail@woodcraft.com

PS: If you haven't been to the store before, and want to swing by for a look at what they have, leave your credit cards and checkbook at home—you will be severely tempted!
      Nolo illigitamati carborundum

Comment

Working...
      X