X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which cordless drill

My current drill is a B & D 12vlt that typically doesn't have the torque or battery duration to get the job done - non-pro use. The Ridgid 12 vlt was recommended because it does have far more torque - but is the 12 vlt model Ridgid going to solve the problem mentioned above or do I have to move up to a 14vlt model? Thanks

Deb,

comparing B&D to ridgid is like comparing apples to Oranges. Ridgid is made for the contractor and will run laps around B&D. But so will Mil, ridgid, Bosch, Porter cable. (I.e. all pro brands). If the difference in money is not an issue.. I would go with the pro brand..it may be overkill but it will solve your problem. If money is an issue I would look at the homeowner brands, Ryobi, Skill or Black and Decker but at a higher voltage

Comment

Deb
      Dont want to sound like a know it all. I have had em all but for B&D. this year I purchased a Ridgid 18v treo Drill, saw & flash light. While I feel the fash light to be a gimmick with all Vendors I did feel that the drill & saw were the best I have EVER had and only wish I were 20 yrs old again just so I could have a lot more years to play with Ridgid hand tools. Just wish they would get in gear and bring out more.
      ie routers joiners. What ever you buy , remember be safe. Ol'plonker

Comment

Hey olplonker - -"wish I was 20 yrs younger" it ain't gonna happen but just think how many mistakes you made as a 20 yr. younger plonker just getting all of the knowledge you have now!

Comment

look at the HILTI SF-121A!

awesome drill!
          \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
          X