Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablesaw Extensions?

I sometimes need to rip more than 36 in. Are
    longer extensions available on the 3650 which would allow me to accomplish this?

I don't think ridgid makes one. But Most aftermarket fences will have a size to fit your saw. I know for a fact I've seen Biesmyer fences to fit ridgid on their company website.

My beis is new and I got to use my 50 inchers today. well, technically only 48

Love it

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
      I don't think ridgid makes one. But Most aftermarket fences will have a size to fit your saw. I know for a fact I've seen Biesmyer fences to fit ridgid on their company website.

My beis is new and I got to use my 50 inchers today. well, technically only 48

Love it

Jake
      you scoundrel jake ...... hoisting up the review gloats and comments on woodnet before seeing us here. :
      eternal shame on you

glue-up dry yet??? Time to mount 'em then....get to work pal [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Does that make me a rogue or a Scaleewag??

Sorry, the gloat is part of my powermatic. Never did an official tool gloat, but I dripped it onto this site.

The fence came with it. But I love the long rails. Glue not dry yet. It's gorrilla glue, I'm playing around with it for 2nd time. It's not grabbing the board so well. I finished frame around it and clamped it down flat. That stuff is kinda flimsy.

I'll check tomorrow morning to see if it takes. If not I'll have to try something different. Any suggestions to get the pegboard connected to wood frame if it doesn't grab?

Jake

Comment

Jake
          I should hold, are you wetting on side?
          SCWood

Comment

Nope. Somebody on woodnet told me that. I looked on the bottle and it said wet one side. However it did grab last night after longer setting time.

I love doing projects from the hip but planning is always better. Lesson learned yesterday. My first 2 x 4 section of tool hanger I used 1 x 4 boards as tob and bottom border of frame in back. Which would be fine but i rendered a good portion of the top and bottom useless.. DOUGH!! Can't slip the pegs through the wood now can we.

Next few will have thinner frames

Thanks
            Jake

Comment

I replaced the fence system on my TS2424 with a Biesenmeyer home system and it worked great (cost about as much as the saw too). I'm not sure, but I think Incra makes a 52" inch fence that will work with your saw. HTC also makes a Bies. clone that may work. Rockler may also have one. If you don't need that capacity much of the time, you might try a roller stand(s) or the Ridgid flip top stand. I'm not sure how well this would work (never tried it), but it would save you some bucks if you could get by with it. My old 2424 only had 28" rip capacity and I don't think it was as solid as the one on your saw.

Comment

I love doing projects from the hip but planning is always better. Lesson learned yesterday. My first 2 x 4 section of tool hanger I used 1 x 4 boards as tob and bottom border of frame in back. Which would be fine but i rendered a good portion of the top and bottom useless.. DOUGH!! Can't slip the pegs through the wood now can we.

Next few will have thinner frames

Thanks
                Jake
                Jake,
                I also used 2' x 4' pegboard to hang my tools on. I framed it with 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 ripped from 2 x 4's. Cut a 1/4 deep x 3/4 wide rabbit and mitered the corners (just like a big picture frame). Attached the frame to the wall first with drywall screws thru the rabbits and then attached the pegboard to the frame with regular screws and finishing washers. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just food for thought. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Edit: I got the idea from a ww magazine, don't remember which one. Wasn't trying to take credit for the idea.

[ 01-26-2004, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
                Lorax
                "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

great scrap wood project isn't it. I got one done and 2nd is gluing up right now. I learned GORILLA GLUE sets MUCH FASTER when you wet the edges like it suggests on the bottle.. lol

Hey anybody notice that when building projects that you always have ideas for improvement after you've built it. Is this an always thing or more of a greenhorn thing?

Will I outgrow this or will I always be having this.

Jake

Comment

Is this an always thing or more of a greenhorn thing?

Will I outgrow this or will I always be having this.

Jake
                    Nope to both - we always "greenhorns" as we always changing things.

"Outgrow" - sheeeesh Jake, hope not 'cause then we dead

Anyone else getting peppered with white stuff today???
                    Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Working...
                    X