Repl saw blade for TS3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repl saw blade for TS3650

I'm sure this is an old subject, but didn't find answers on search. I need to replace the blade on my TS3650. I have a coupon and two gift certificates for HD. What is a very good blade that I may want to get for the TS? General cutting. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm sure I'll catch some flak for saying this but IMO there are no "very good" blades available at HD for woodworkers. The Freud blades they sell are more suited for construction jobsite use. Not being a fan of thin kerf blades that also rules out the Ridgid blades, for me anyway.

The Forrest Woodworker II and the Freud F410 are both top of the line and fairly easy to find. Other brands like CMT, Systimatic and Amana, to name a few, also produce top notch product but can be harder to find.

If you're looking for a moderately priced combo blade then I'd recommend the Freud LU84R011. You can usually find them for around $59.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I was just going to try and use a couple of gift cards and the discount thing tomorrow. But, I'll look for that Freud.

Comment

Is the F410 that much better than the LU84R011? The L is $62 and the F410 is $83. Worth the difference? Thanks again.

Actually I found the F410 at Rockler for $74.99. Prob will get that one tomorrow. Thanks....

[ 07-29-2005, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Golfmore ]

Comment

I recommend the CMT general. You can find it at rockler as well. Sommerfield tools and mikestools.com also carry it. I have had better luck with the CMT over the freud. They seem to cut nicer.
          \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Did the Freud 410. Man what a blade.

Comment

Thanks to all contributing to this thread. I followed it and then went shopping. I ended up with a different choice of blades, but the comments were very helpful.

I bought the Freud LU84R011 Combination Blade (primarily for my miter saw) and the LM74R010 Glue Line Rip (for my TS2400). I've only made a few cuts with both so far, but WOW! what an improvement over the OEM blades and a DeWalt Construction smooth cut combination blade that I've been using. The cuts look as though they've been hand planed, that is on some fir. Haven't had a chance to try them on anything good yet, but I'm eager.

I when with the Freud as being a balance between quality and price. Price is an issue for a hobby saw dust manufacture, as I am. Now I only wonder how much better the Forrest WWII and CMT can be, do they apply the finish as well as cutting.

Thanks again for the helpful intelligence.
              Dick

Comment

Originally posted by Dick L:
                ...Now I only wonder how much better the Forrest WWII and CMT can be, do they apply the finish as well as cutting.

...nah, but they do the dishes which gives you more time in the shop and less time at the sink!

Comment

Having never used the forrest I can not comment, And I bought my CMT blades before the freud glue line rip came out

I just installed my new CMT blade for my miter saw and WOW what a cut.

smooth no splintering on soft pine.
                  \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Dick

I have both the Freud blades that you purchased and I agree that they deliver an incredible value for the price. I also have a WWII and based on my purely unscientific observations I would say that the only place I noticed that the WWII excelled in comparison was with plywood, it produced literally chip-out free cuts and again based on the same unscientific analysis, it appears that the WWII will hold an edge slightly longer. Considering you can purchase two LU84’s for the same price as one WWII, the pair would cut cleanly far longer than the WWII.

Woodslayer

Comment

Working...
                    X