X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300

I just bought the TP1300 planer from HD and found the knives to have nicks, new from the store. I inverted the knives (changing them according to instructions from Ridgid) and now the finished surface (oak) looks uneven. Are the blades not set correctly? How can I improve knife alignment?

Describe what you mean by uneven. It is hard to figure out the problem without knowing everything about surface.

Good Luck,

John

Comment

It looks like every two or three inches along the lenghth of the planed board, the wood is the surface "hue" is lighter, then darker, as if smooth, then not so smooth. It's hard to describe. I'm assuming that one knife is at a different heighth.

Comment

It could be a number of things, though I doubt its a knife thats set wrong. Just to be sure go back and make sure both knives are dropped all the way into the cutterhead. If they are solid against the stops then is most likely not the blades. I realize this is a new machine, but just to be sure I would clean the infeed and outfeed rollers. Also clean the main table and wax it with about 5-6 coats of wax. I think if you do that you'll find the wood moves much easier of the main table and it should give you a smoother cut.

Comment

Two to three inch period just about has to be a roller or feed problem, as Jake indicated. A knife problem will repeat many times per inch.

Dave

Comment

Could also be due to the grain of the wood as well. Have you tried feeding the board through in the other direction? Just a thought.

John

Comment

Working...
            X