X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade height lock for TS2424

I really like what I see in the TS2424, except the lack of a blade height lock. I have just spent 2 hours working around a in-operative depth lock for a router and it sucks. Rigid includes a lock for the tilt, but not the height. Any ideas of making a lock or is there an upcoming modification for this feature?

rookie,

ask any owners of RIDGID table saws and they will tell you its not needed. We had another discussion earlier on the same subject. http://www.ridgid.com/cgi-bin/ultima...c&f=5&t=000151

You may want to post this question in the main woodworking forum

Jake

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: JSchnarre ]

Comment

I'll put my hand up, no blade lock needed. Not too long ago I needed to groove a bunch of boards (when you look at stain samples and they are grooved between the colors, I was making some of those).

Ran the saw for about an hour and a half, maybe two hours, solid. Blade height the same at the end as at the beginning. Always finish your blade height adjustment with the blade rising, whether you have a lock or not. This preloads the height assembly so it doesn't slip down.

Dave

Comment

Dave - nice tip... I'll have to try that the next time I'm using my stacked dado cutter.

Comment

It's an old Machinist's trick, taught to me by, unsurprisingly, an old Machinist. Pass it on.

Dave

Comment

I'm at work, so I not able to look at my saw right now, but I don't remember a lock for the tilt on the TS2424 other than the set screws for the 90 and 45 degree stops.
            Mark

Comment

There isn't one, Mark.

[add]Oh, wow! Is that a case of temporary insanity or what? The tilt lock is immediately underneath the table, right smack in the center. It locks the trunnion, not the wheel like most other saws.

Dave

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: Dave Arbuckle ]

Comment

I suffered from the same insanity. Once I saw it, I remembered it was there. Duh!
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X