No announcement yet.

BS1400 Question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still, for $399 with 10% off, you got a damn good band saw. I love my Ridgid Tools. Congrats on your new toy you lucky devil. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I got rid of the stand flex by ading extra bolts and thick washers(a few open holes in it) to the support plate provided and using a link belt ,moved the motor as far to the left over the legs as possible and thick auto/shock bushings on the motor mount. Added thich washers to the BS casting mount. Timberwolf blades,balance/align the wheels,urethane tires(Rockler)align pulleys....

I also added a shelf to the center to make some better use of the stand and make it stiffer.

Moving the motor will also allow you to open the lower door fully.
      I also bought a grey display for $200 years ago.

[ 08-04-2005, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Andrew M. ]

Comment

I paid $199.00 for mine. Floor model on clearance. Never used.

Bought a good blade, some cool blocks, and a craftsman fence.
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

I own the 1300 planer also. The degree in difficulty I find with the wood not going through the tool is that the planer knives are dull. (doesn't take many rough sawn boards to dull these knives)I own the Ridgid planer, table saw, and jointer. I am liking what I see except the cost of replacement blades for the planer and jointer. I'm looking for a deal on these blades or a sharpener!

Comment

Working...
          X