No announcement yet.

hill billy dust collection

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hill billy dust collection

OK, here is my problem. I only have 15 amps in my garage. What I plan on trying is using the power in the garage for my tools (only 1 at a time of course) and for DC I plan on plugging my leaf blower/mulcher in the outside outlet of the house and setting it up in the vac mode and connecting the hose to the tool being used. It has a fabric bag for the mulch, which will let a lot of the fine wood dust through, but get the big chips. I can set the blower out side the garage, so the fine dust shouldn't be an issue.

Any ideas on if it will work or not? I';m open to suggestions

Saw a picture where a guy did just that----probably not great, but what the heck---one thing for sure, your neighbors are gonna love you.

If you blow 500 cfm or more outside, then where will the replacement 500 cfm come from? Be sure it isn't from a furnace or water heater fire box, down the chimney, with carbon monoxide and all that good stuff. And in the winter, your makeup air will be what temperature?

My shop is in a detached garage, with a ridge vent and perforatd sofffet vents. The fresh air coming in will be COLD! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I have a 100k BTU torpedo heater for 1 22x22 garage, so heat isn't an issue. need to get a propane torpedo heater though, the kerosene STINKS! But it was free, so I can't complain