X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riser blocks

Anyone know if any other riser blocks will fit in the Ridgid BS?? I heard that the HF may, but I am not sure. I am going to order a bunch of BS blades and would like to get the bigger ones right away so i am not buying something that I may not even use.

Mike---I feel your pain on this idiotic Ridgid riser block mess. But, don't forget, if looking for other substitutes, you also need an extension on the upper blade guard/block assembly too and that might be harder to match than the riser block.
    Dave

Comment

I understand that the plastic guard may not match, but I would rather bend up some light guage sheet metal for that than pay an extra $$$ whatever for a Ridgid block that may or may not fit correctly. I still have not heard if anyone out there has gotten any blocks lately that actually fit the way they should.

Comment

Dave why is this a mess? Sorry I have to play catch up on this topic. Are they not available or over priced? Is the problem with gray Emerson or orange ITT or both.

I am a gray Emerson owner.

Comment

I got the part number for the riser block and called the parts order line. I was infromed that that riser block from Ridgid would be $145.48 including shipping.

Does anyone else find this insane???

Geez, I think thye made the cost so high so that nobody would buy them and Ridgid wouldn't have to take care of any motor or bearing issues because of people tensioning 3/4 blades.

Looks like I move that purchase of a Grizzly 17" saw higher on my priority list!

OOHHHHHHH I'm just so

Comment

Mike I tried sending you a private message ref: riser block for gray Emerson 14" BS (Rejected).

I think there are a couple on clearance ($35) at a local HD. Can I assist you.

Comment

I'm not sure why it didn't go through. I just looked in my profile and saw an unread message from 6 months ago, so that may be why.

Anyway, if you could just let me know where the store is located, I just need to get a SKU from the store. Once I get a SKU#, I can have local HD's check other local stores, or have them order it in.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Mike, I believe we have traded messages before on Woodnet. As I recall you wanted to wait. Nonetheless I will send you the sku.

PS, I tried again to send you a private message and it was returned.

[ 09-20-2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Van ]

Comment

Mike,

Home Depot
                  10 Gateway Boulevard
                  Patchogue, NY 11782
                  631-286-4665

Sku 648846000596 Riser Block $35.00 clearance

Since your e-mail address doesn't work for me the only way I can communicate with you is in this forum.

I guess it's first come first served.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I tried calling there to see if they still had them in stock. Called 5 times, asked for Hardware all 5 times and was never connected. Sat on Hold for 5 minutes at minimum each time only to be told that there is nobody answering in hardware. The corporate office will hear of that.

anyway. after I had calmed down, I decided not to even bother with the Ridgid bandsaw anymore. I am just going to order 93 1/2" blades and resaw stuff that is only 6" wide. I'll save that $50 for the Grizzly I want to get. With any luck, I'll be selling my Ridgid by Christmas time, or at least in time to avoid any price increases by Grizzly.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. HD should do a better job of getting the money out of your pocket. That is the objective, right?

Comment

I called from Texas and suffered pretty much the same fate. One difference, I finally talked to some rude SOB who knew not of what I was seeking and by his tone didn't care. Notifying any corporate entity has never engendered any sort of response when I have tried. I only go there when I am forced to for whatever reason.

Comment

I hate to say it but you will find that some things ade almost imposible to do on the phone. That includes anything at Lowes or home Depot.

Comment

This may interest some of you!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW
                            Are you Rapture ready? Know Jesus Christ or know his enemy!

Comment

Working...
                            X