TS3650 tracks adjustment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 tracks adjustment

Hello, I bought a used TS3650 recently. I am very satisfied so far with it but I have a concern. The tracks that guide the fence are not at the same height. Fence runs pretty well and locks with a very gentle push of a finger without a problem. But I don't feel like it should be like that. Having the table top as reference the back track is closer to the top than the front track. Difference is about 1/8 of an inch.
    I tried pushing the front track all the way up and the back track all the way down and that's what I got.

Is that normal? How are yours tracks set up?

thank you very much,
    Andres

Everything you need to know will be covered in the assembly instructions in the Owners Manual. If you didn't get the manual when you purchased the saw, you can download it at the link below. See page 21 in the Owners Manual.
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 05-07-2014, 10:44 AM.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thank you very much BadgerDave!
      I read the manual for assembling because I had to take the saw apart for transporting when I bought it. I followed the instructions the best I could, and now it cuts amazingly well but as I said it does not feel all kosher to have the tracks at different heights. I am hoping that another owner would tell me how it is on their table.
      Best regards,
      Andres

Comment

I have an earlier version of your saw, the TS3612, but the fence/rail system is pretty similar on both saws. On my saw, the top of the front rail is approx. 11/16" below the saws table and the rear rail is approx. 7/16" below the table. If your fence is working satisfactorily and not dragging along the table top then I think you're good to go.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I just purchased a 3660, and have been scouring the forums to better get to know my new saw. I have read in one of the posts, that the bolts that connect the rails to the table may need to be turned just a bit more as the heads of the bolts may be causing the rail to sit higher than the other sections of rail.

Just my $.02, as I'm still in the puting this beast together stage.

Comment

Working...
          X