Drafting Table Plans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting Table Plans

Just wondering if anyone may have plans or input on making a drafting table.

Thanks.

Bob,
    Thanks to auto cad drafting tables have gone the way of the dinosaurs. I've seen some really nice ones in the Sun City area Estate Sales going for as little as $10. Sorry I don't have any plans.

Comment

• BobsPlumbing
      BobsPlumbing commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty aware of AutoCad. I worked some on one over 20 years ago.

However, I have no need for AutoCad at all. At least to my knowledge. I haven't looked in awhile and may be ignorant to some newer things.

Plus something is lost for me with click and drag.

And besides I can draw up a basic schematic with decent detail before many computers & programs load.

^^ what he said
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

https://www.google.com/#q=drawing+table+project+plans
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Tough to teach old dogs new tricks.

Comment

Yeah, it's tough to use Google or another search engine to find what you need. He can probably find it faster by asking someone else than waiting for his 80-286 computer to load Netscape Navigator 3. :-)
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Lol. I never understood that battle of the browsers and how MS was brought before government on monopoly charges completely.

Maybe just timing.

Comment

It had to do with MS giving their browser away for free to undermine Netscape Communications and bring them down. Both browsers have their roots in the same browser software from which all browsers at the time started. Netscape was making big money selling their browser which included an email client and web page authoring software. MS wanted to own the web and everything associated with it.

Comment

Sounds a lot like FB and/or Google today. But the timing and other things going on in the world maybe have a blind eye too it.

Comment

I just happen to have a table made by ANCO of Glendale, New York. The provenance that goes with it is that it was purchased by a engineering student at Oklahome State in 1952. I was given to me from a Friend's Estate. As a woodworker myself I can tell you that it is a real piece of work. I could send you some photos that would help you copy it

Comment

go to Ebay and search for "anco-bilt". You will be able to see the model that I have. I find a lot of vintage drafting table on Craigs list.

Comment

Greetings, rmbarger, and welcome to a fellow woodworker and home boy.
                      I reside in the next county east of you and have a brother with a
                      veterinary practice in Highlands Co.

Comment

How much experience you got with woodworking tools. You want Cheap, fast or good.

Comment

I gotta' chainsaw, no common sense, and just enough confidence to be dangerous.

Comment

I wonder how much success you would have scavenging a hollow core door, cut out a center section to mount a light source underneath then throwing a piece of plexi-glass over it.

Works for super imposing floor to floor, customs can get a little tricky with all the upper floor offsets.

Comment

Working...
                            X