Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on R4511 blade guard assembly

Hello,

I recently got a Ridgid R4511 off a guy that was moving back to Ohio and did not believe that the granite top would survive being bounced around from Arizona to Ohio. I found that while I have the blade guard cover (the plastic piece) I don;t have the item that attaches to the blade guard or table saw (the splitter, riviting knife, or pawls). I can't find Ridgid's blade guard assembly for sale anywhere due to being discontinued, but I did find that apparently the R4511 and Craftsman 22116 share the same parts. Looking at the pictures of the blade guard assembly for the Craftsman and it looks identical to the Ridgid, and I found that Sears has that blade guard assembly for sale, but the picture looks all wrong (I have attached them below). Can anyone confirm for me that this is the right item to order, or can anyone point me in the direction of at least getting the splitter, riviting knife, and pawls for this saw (either Ridgid or other brand)? Here is the link to the Craftsman one that linked me to the blade guard assembly, item number 25 - https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mod...7/0744600.html

Any help is appreciated.

-Mike

Sold my 4511 but here's a couple parts I had left over. Not sure if it helps you or not but just let me know if you want/need anything.

Comment

• Bob D.
      Bob D. commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure how you end up with 'left over' parts. Why would you not convey all pieces/parts and manuals to the new owner?
      Or are these duplicates of piece parts you did sell with the saw.

It seems you may have set the new owner at risk (not intentionally I am sure) by not providing all the manufacturer supplied safety equipment that is part of the tool and required to use the tool safely.

Yes, many people use their saws without all the safety equipment installed at all times and don't get hurt. That is not my point.

My point is that the new owner now has no choice but to not use these pieces of safety equipment because they were not supplied to him and probably difficult to replace years after the saw was first introduced to the market.

Even though that Sears guard in your picture doesn't match the original guard that came from Rigid (and Sears, for that matter), it does look like it will fit. The attachment point of the whole setup is the small hole at the bottom of the riving knife; the attachment in your sears photo looks identical to the Rigid mount. I bet it would fit.

As another option, you can buy a much nicer system from thesharkguard.com. A bit spendy, though.

They make a setup specifically for the R4511 -- I have it on my saw and it works well.

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X