Ridgid TS 3612

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS 3612

I recently purchased a used 3612 Great saw but the rip fence guides are worn and the fence will not lock down straight. I have looked all over for new guides with no luck. Can't believe that something as simple as this has been discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find a pair of knows of a fix for the problem. Last resort might be to grind down the one slide that is longer. But I hate to mess up a good slide. Any help is appreciated.

I had a 3612, which I replaced with a Jet cabinet saw about a dozen years ago. I think that getting parts for the 3612 fence is going to be practically impossible, unless you can invent the pieces somehow out of some other materials. A better idea than fixing the old fence is to get a new one. The saw isn't bad, but the fence was not the best. I had replaced mine with a Vega. Shop Fox, Mule, Biesmeier, and a few others are better than the original 3612 fence. You might have to spend a bit of money, but the increased accuracy of your saw will make the purchase worthwhile. Google table saw fence reviews and go on some of the other woodworking forums to do some research. I had gotten a Vega for mine, which was very good.
    Joe Spear

Comment

Working...
    X