R4512 Router Wing selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 Router Wing selection

I have an R4512 and generally like it. However, I would like to add a router insert wing to the right of the saw. According to the dimension I got the opening is 27" X 24 1/2" after removing the steel insert. I am looking for a either a general purpose router table I can bolt into the cast iron plate and the steel end of the saw. I would like to have the opening for the router to be the size of the Woodpeckers auto lift so I would not have to cut it out. I believe the size of the opening is 9 1/4" X 11 3/4" with a 3/8 " reset for the plate.
    Anyone have any suggestions where I can locate a wing that would meet my needs????
    Tom Davis

I don't have the 4512, I have the 3660 and I ended up making my own router wing. There is a post somewhere about it, if you like, I can post some pics. It was made from 2 layers of 1/2" MDO plywood and some aluminum angle. It has worked very well.

Comment

• t.davis51@att.net
      t.davis51@att.net commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I made one without removing the steel wing but it wasnt wide enough to support my miter gauge. So I guess I will do one after removing the steel filler plate. Oh well life is what it is. Thanks

I'm a little confused. When I looked at a picture of a R4512, it appears that there is more than enough room between the steel wing and the end of the fence. From your description, there is not. Is it possible for you to post a picture of your saw? It will help me to offer advice, thanks.

Comment

• t.davis51@att.net
      t.davis51@att.net commented
      Editing a comment
      I just uploaded some pics of the final Router Wing I did for my Ridgid 4512 Table saw. while I have to fabricate the router fence that I will attach to the table saw fence, I believe it came out pretty good.

When I cut the hole for the router lift, I cut it in the center of my fabricated wing. That left to little space for the full miter gauge. Perhaps if I had moved the lift hole up a couple of inches that would have worked better. However I had to make sure that I had enough room on the tope so I would be able to mount the table support. In any event I have taken it apart now and purchased a couple of aluminum L brackets that I am going to mount without having to use the steel wing. I am going to mount a piece finished plywood that measures 27" X 24 1/2" X 3/4" Once mounted I believe it will work just fine. Just as a note I contacted grizzly who has a T 1244 Router table wing that just may fill the bill, if I want to pay the price. I am waiting for them to get back to me with plate measurements to see if that would work. In the meantime I am going to try the larger plywood piece to see how that works.

Comment

Working...
    X