No announcement yet.

Woodworking newbee...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke one of the bolts off my herculift too. The weird part is that it wasn't when I was tightening the nut. After I had finished assembling the table and made a test cut, I rolled the table off to the side of my shop and noticed the broken off nut on the floor. Now you got me wondering if the other ones will end up doing that too...

did you get a hold of ridgid yet?

Comment

sama lama-rama-lama-ding-dong,
      Did you get my PM? If you want you coukd take the fence back to HD and get a new one. You could be makin' sawdust tonight!
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

No Lorax, I just checked my email and i didn't get it. What's up with that!?!
        I thought about that, but i have some real doubts about my HD having one. As far as i could tell i may have bought the last one they had there.
        I tried calling Ridgid today but they were out for New Years still.
        I'm going to call tomorrow.
        I'm wonder now if i should call HD first huh?
        What has everyone's experence been with Ridgid for parts and stuff like this?
        Hey jigsaw, I wouldn't be at all supprised about those bolts. Matter-o-fact i felt a little give in a couple of the other Herc bolts when i was assembling it. I didn't think anything of it at the time but, i'm thinking next time i'm at HD i will pick up some replacements for all of them.
        Last edited by nobunaga-sama; 01-02-2006, 09:06 PM.
        Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

Originally posted by nobunaga-sama
          No Lorax, I just checked my email and i didn't get it. What's up with that!?! Do you have "private messages" enabled in your user control panel?
          I thought about that, but i have some real doubts about my HD having one. As far as i could tell i may have bought the last one they had there. Do you have more than one HD in your area?
          I tried calling Ridgid today but they were out for New Years still.
          I'm going to call tomorrow.
          I'm wonder now if i should call HD first huh? Couldn't hurt.
          What has everyone's experence been with Ridgid for parts and stuff like this? It has ranged from terrible to great. Seems to have improved as time goes by.
          Hey jigsaw, I wouldn't be at all supprised about those bolts. Matter-o-fact i felt a little give in a couple of the other Herc bolts when i was assembling it. I didn't think anything of it at the time but, i'm thinking next time i'm at HD i will pick up some replacements for all of them.
          I just got a pop-up that says my message is too short. What's up with that? (and aren't they getting a little personal??
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I had "Private Messages" turned on put not the other two checkboxes. Maybe that's what i needed.
            I endup ordering the part from Ridgid - 10 to 14 business days. I know, I know... Should have tried another HD.
            Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

Working...
            X