Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 My Christmas Present

Hello......
    After my first week with this saw, it has not disappointed. I have owned 2 others in the past, and this one is the quietest and quickest I've ever had.
    Once you get past using both metric and American standard bolts and the problems with the pictures in the assembly, (ie page 32...shows motor mounted).

Now...accessories...where do I find them...its seems that ridgidparts.com have nothing for the TS3650
    1... A blade that the kerf removes .125 The blade that comes with the saw removes .102
    2... A zero clearance table insert for this model....or do I have to make one.

Thanks
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Welcome!
    Any 10" full kerf will do the .125 cut. Good choices are the WW and Freud.
    I have a Ridgid T3 Titanium which I really like. http://www.ttrackusa.com/ has the inserts, or as you said, you can make your own. It only takes a few minutes, but those minutes can be hard-to-find.
    HTH,
    ken
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Here are a few examples of 10" full kerf combination blades you might want to consider;

1. Forrest WW-10-40-125, .125 kerf
      2. Freud F410, .126 kerf
      3. Freud LU84R011, .126 kerf
      4. Amana 610504, .135 kerf
      5. Amana PR1040, .134 kerf
      6. CMT 213.040.10, .130 kerf
      7. Systimatic 51821, .125 kerf
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by KenM
        Welcome!
        Any 10" full kerf will do the .125 cut. Good choices are the WW and Freud.
        I have a Ridgid T3 Titanium which I really like. http://www.ttrackusa.com/ has the inserts, or as you said, you can make your own. It only takes a few minutes, but those minutes can be hard-to-find.
        HTH,
        ken
        Thanks!
        I ordered 2.

OK..now for something different,
        I came across this in my Fathers estate tool collection...The name stanley is on the handle...but what is the name of this jig?

Last edited by NYRaider; 12-30-2005, 09:14 PM.
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
        ~Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Looks like an old tenon jig of sorts, but I can't say for sure as I've ever run across one like that.

Is the piece with the handle movable up and down?
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

As Bob said, it is an old tenoning jig. It should have a runner that rides in a miter slot.
            Looks like it's Delta gray. Have a look at http://www.owwm.com/ under Delta. If you don't see it, post there, there is a good collection of old woodworking tools.
            ken
            Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

yes there is a runner under that large plate to the left...in fact I have it indexed into the table top on the photo.
              The large handle is fixed into one position...there are other holes in the plate, my guess is for other attachments. Funny you should say Delta gray....my fathers saw was a delta, but this says stanley (tools) on the main handle.
              Well anyway, I'm going to use it to cut kerf slots for glass into 3/4 by 3/4 sticks.
              Thanks for the help...Happy new years!
              Last edited by NYRaider; 12-31-2005, 09:00 AM.
              ~Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
              X