• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 3650 Outfeed Table

Thanks Toolie!

Comment

I'm still waiting on some parts to complete my blade guard assembling. I'm almost done with the table but I do not know how big to make the cut out for the blade guard assembling. Does anyone remember how big they made the cut out for it?

Thanks,

Comment

I seldom pay much attention to the number of views a thread has had but I just noticed that this one has over 92,500 views so far. Bob, you should be very proud that your project was so excellently crafted that so many people have shown an interest. I wish there was some way of knowing just how many of Bob's Outfeed Table have been built. Hundreds I'll bet and maybe even thousands!
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yeah, how about that. I have received no where near the royalties I was promised.
          Knowing that so many people have benefited from me sharing my design is reward enough.
          I don't know but this may be the most viewed thread on the forum.
          I know my TS-3650 Assembly Tips thread is up near the top too.

Seriously, I am honored that so many people have built their own version of my outfeed table.
          That this thread has been viewed and is linked to from so many other forums is amazing.
          There is more in the thread than just my table, many people posted on their own versions and
          how they overcame particulars of adapting the table to work with their saw.

A while back I submitted an idea for a dust collector for use with my lunchbox planer, jointer, and TS to ShopNotes.
          It's been a long time and I have not heard anything back. I'll look and see if I still have the photos and description
          and post that here too. This chip box fits into the stand of my DW-735 planer. It can be used stand alone or connected
          to a dust collector system so you can use it in the shop or go "on the road" with it. And it also has provision for connecting
          other tools so it can serve as a central collection point when connected to a large single or dual stage dust collector.
          I've been using it for over 6 years now without problem. The design needs refinement as the one I built was something
          I slammed together to solve a problem while in the middle of a project. I modified the chip hose setup from the planer
          once about 3 years ago but never improved the design further. Anyway, I'll see if I still have the pics and post them
          if there is interest.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 09-27-2013, 03:24 PM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Medickep View Post
            I'm still waiting on some parts to complete my blade guard assembling. I'm almost done with the table but I do not know how big to make the cut out for the blade guard assembling. Does anyone remember how big they made the cut out for it?

Thanks,
            It's pretty simple to figure out on your own. Just take some measurements of the blade guard where it rises up at the back edge of the table saw, tilt the blade full over and back to 90 and see how much room you need for your saw. Cut yourself a couple L shaped pieces of cardboard and set them up to box in the blade guard and slide them around to get the clearance you need.

Also in this post from earlier in this thread I answer some questions about this very topic.
            https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t7542/#post50346
            Last edited by Bob D.; 09-27-2013, 03:20 PM.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
            X