New table saw question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New table saw question

I am assembling my new Ridgid table saw and the instructions say to remove the greese that was applied to the table top with a degreeser and apply a "wax paste". Is this asking for a wax like you would apply to your car like a turtle wax or is there something specific that I need to use for this? THanks

Any good quality paste wax that does not contain silicone. Butchers seems to be popular.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

DON'T use automotive waxes, they contain additives that will rub off into your wood and affect your finishes.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Johnson's Paste Wax

This works really well. Get a can of it, either at Wally World, Lowes, some grocery stores, depending where you are. I got mine at Lowes. Put it on as soon as you can, after putting on some sort of rust inhibitor (if you already wiped off your grease).

Comment

Working...
        X