No announcement yet.

New table saw question

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New table saw question

    I am assembling my new Ridgid table saw and the instructions say to remove the greese that was applied to the table top with a degreeser and apply a "wax paste". Is this asking for a wax like you would apply to your car like a turtle wax or is there something specific that I need to use for this? THanks

  • #2
    Any good quality paste wax that does not contain silicone. Butchers seems to be popular.
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06


    • #3
      DON'T use automotive waxes, they contain additives that will rub off into your wood and affect your finishes.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006


      1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error


      • #4
        Johnson's Paste Wax

        This works really well. Get a can of it, either at Wally World, Lowes, some grocery stores, depending where you are. I got mine at Lowes. Put it on as soon as you can, after putting on some sort of rust inhibitor (if you already wiped off your grease).