X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for router bits

Anybody have a recommended brand for router bits? I know what I want to do, but not necessarily whose is best...thanks in advance.

I like Whiteside, Freud and lately I have been buying several Infinity, if you signup on their email distribution list they quite frequently send you emails with specials, if you pick and choose you can get some really good deals.

Woodslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Jalon
      Anybody have a recommended brand for router bits? I know what I want to do, but not necessarily whose is best...thanks in advance.
      Whiteside and Freud are the best I've used. I'm impressed with Katana (MLCS' highend line) too. CMT, Amana, and Infinity also have a loyal following as top shelf bits.

I have several bargain bits that are fine for special profiles and less vigorous use. MLCS, Holbren, Price Cutter, Woodcraft (on sale), and Woodline are all good values.

Comment

I buy Amana and CMT and am happy with both.

Comment

For bits that I use over and over again I always buy Whiteside simply because I've never had problem one with any of thier bits. For the one time or occasional use bits I've had good luck with Woodcraft bits.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

MLCS Katana

I would look into these as they come with a lifetime warranty!

Comment

Thanks everyone, I think I got a great place to start now. I appreciate it.

Comment

Router bits

Whiteside # 1 CMT # 2.

Comment

Working...
                X