X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nics in new joiner blades ?

I just got a ridgid joiner for Christmas. I ran a few boards through it and all seemed well, then I noticed that there were small lines or crests on the surface of the boards. I checked the blades and sure enough there are a couple of nics in the blades. Is this normal ? Should I see something like this right away. Should I try to get new blades under warranty?

Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

I would call Ridgid CS and get a new set of blades. In the meantime get your "old" blades sharpened. (Assuming the boards you jointed were clean and free of any foreign objects.)
    Last edited by Lorax; 01-03-2006, 12:09 PM.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I would try to get them replaced but I doubt you will be very successful. Getting them professionally sharpened may be cost prohibitive, attempting to sharpen them yourself is always a viable alternative. Replacement blades are $17 at Amazon and I’ve read that Router Bit World will beat that price. That is for the Freud C400 replacement blades, I put some on mine this past weekend and tried them on some curly maple and there was absolutely no tear out, highly recommended.

Woodslayer

Comment

Working...
      X