X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of Serial Number

The plate bearing the serial and model numbers is located on the left side near the back corner, as can be seen in the photo below. It is the lower of the two tags you see in this photo.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/att...3&d=1136176719
    Last edited by Bob D.; 02-06-2006, 05:24 AM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

SteveM2006,

I may be too late with this suggestion, but in times past when I needed a shorter bolt, I would take one longer and put a nut on it, run the nut far enough up the bolt to where I could cut the bolt off with a hacksaw the slightly grind the rough spots off the end and when you take the nut off the bolt, it will straighten any damaged threads.

In fact, I keep a supply of long machine screws just for this purpose.

Jerry
      It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Found the SN, thanks. I went to the my e-box and entered my TS information. Is that all I have to do?

I also need to finish up my TS. I get to have fun with the wheels now.
        Sometimes it is better to appear like an idiot, then to open your mouth and prove someone right.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
        (When all else fails, play dead)

Comment

My 3650 motor wont run

after spending 10 hours assembling my 3650 I hit the switch and my blade wont turn -- so I rechecked all my motor install stuff, belt tension etc. etc,
          still no Joy the motor just humms and after about 5-10 seconds the breaker trips. somebody please help me

Comment

Does the motor run if you remove the belt? Does the blade spin freely with the belt removed?
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Also unplug the saw and remove the wiring cover on the motor to make sure it is wired for 110volts and not 220volts.
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Yes the blade does spin when the belt is off the pulley and the motor is wired for 120v

Comment

Remove the capacitor covers and mke sure they are hooked up ( a wire might have come off during shipment). With the belt off will motor run if you give it a spin to get it started?
                  SSG, U.S. Army
                  Retired
                  K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Hey TOD
                    yes the motor runs with no belt attached. So I guess the problem is with belt tensioning allthough Im sure I installed the motor as per instructions I will now recheck

Comment

Hey Tod all I did was reattach the Belt and guess what "IT RUNS "
                      I'm pretty sure that the Belt was not correctly installedf over the pullleys as you know it isn't a 'vee' belt in any case thanks for your help. Now I think I'm going to rip up some wood
                      Last edited by cebler; 03-17-2006, 07:06 AM.

Comment

A question concerning blade alignment

Hi. I recently bought a 3650 and am spending evenings assembling it now. I just finished mounting the motor.

Somewhere in the procedures, the instructions wanted me to align the blade. First, as directed, I loosened all six trunnion bolts, then checked clearance between the blade and the edge of the insert. There's supposed to be a minimum of an eighth of an inch. There is barely that, and I couldn't move the assembly to create any more. Should I be concerned?

Second, when I attempted to align the blade to the miter slot, I could do it, but the little lever in the back is all the way to the left. Should I be concerned about that?

I still have a way to go, then I'll post a review of the assembly and the instructions with, I hope, constructive criticisms of the manual.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Comment

One more question

Sorry. I forgot something. The manual calls for waxing the castiron. Would some dry silicon spray be as good? (I have both, but used silicon on my previous saw - a small Sears contractor saw around which I build a large table of wood. The silicon spray kept the wood nice and slippery. Worked like a charm too, until the motor seized.)

Dave

Comment

Dave,

General opinion on this forum is that you should not use wax with silicon in it as it may cause the wood to get fish eyes or other damage when it is finished. Popular waxes I have seen recommended here are silicon free such as Johnson's paste wax or Minwax paste wax.

I have much more space between my blade and the insert on my TS3650. I might be a little concerned if I was closer than an 8th of an inch. Personally I do not think that there is much concern with your alignment lever in the back of the saw for aligning the blade being all the way to the left though.

Just my $.02. WWS
                            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Mine has just barely 1/8" between the left side of the stock insert and the blade. I can still run the blade to a full 45 degrees without it hitting (which is why you need the clearance and why there is a larger gap on the right side). The only time I use the stock insert is for beveled cuts. Other than that I use homemade Zero-Clearance Inserts (ZCIs) to reduce tearout. As long as your blade spins freely, you are okay, but I always check mine on bevel cuts, after changing a blade, installing a dado set-up etc by spinning it by hand before applying power (yellow key OUT and saw Unplugged). It is a good idea also to remember one of the key safety rules when using the saw: If it starts making a funny or unusual noise, Shut It Off (and if its a real loud noise, Duck!!), and Then figure out what's causing the noise after the blade stops.
                              Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

You've received a couple good responses to your question about the blade clearance, so I won't repeat what has already been offered and I tend to agree with. I will also echo that you should stay away from the silicone and use the suggested waxes or Butchers wax which is similar. All or at least can be found at HD or Lowes or just about any hardware store.

On the subject of the adjustment lever, this might indicate that the front end of the trunnion is out of square in that you are having to make up for it on the rear end by moving the lever to the extreme left or right. You might check the front trunnion bolts and see if you can shift it a bit so that the level is in a more neutral position, allowing for adjustment in both directions.
                                ---------------
                                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                                ---------------
                                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                                ---------
                                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                                ---------
                                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X