X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS-3650 Assembly Tips

i remember reading something about trunion bolts not being tight enough in here but don't remeber for sure. anyway mine were not. after a day of cutting the blade was out of alignment. realigned it of course and that's when i discovered the trunion bolts were...not loose but not even hand tight! check those bolts!

is there an easier way to adjust the bolts that level the legs of the table? what do you call those bolts? i wonder if i can use a car jack?

Comment

Does anyone know if the arbor issue (problem using stacked dado) has been corrected in current models?
      I'm looking to buy next week but don't want to get a bag of worms.
      Any other problems to be aware of?
      Thanks,
      Jim

Comment

Yep no problem, I just got mine about 3 weeks ago and my Freud Dado set works just fine.

Comment

I am in the middle of assembling my TS3650 - this discussion is great; I have run into some of the same problems as some of you other guys. I have a question that I don't think has come up yet.

I have just come to the step where you intall the front and rear fence rails. I have them both bolted up finger tight and I aligned the front rail at the 7-1/8" mark on the scale with the right side of the table according to the instructions. Just as a quick test I went ahead and slipped the fence on to see how close the scales on the rails are to being correct. I assumed that the scale on the right would be on the 0" mark when the fence is up against the right side of the saw blade. My scale is off about 3/8" (0" mark is to right of red line in fence view glass). Slipped the fence over to the left side of the blade and sure enough its about 3/8" out also.

I would never trust the scale for precise rip cuts (I use a framing square on my radial arm saw to set it for rip cuts), but the scale would be handy to get you "close" enough for quick "rough" cuts. What's going on here? Is the 7-1/8" an error in the manual?

Comment

Originally posted by fx4fssc View Post
            I would never trust the scale for precise rip cuts (I use a framing square on my radial arm saw to set it for rip cuts), but the scale would be handy to get you "close" enough for quick "rough" cuts. What's going on here? Is the 7-1/8" an error in the manual?
            7-1/8" is within 1/32" of accurate for me. Dunno why yours is different.

Comment

Originally posted by fx4fssc View Post
              My scale is off about 3/8" (0" mark is to right of red line in fence view glass).
              My new TS3650 (bought 4/6/07) was off 1/8". I moved the front rail so that the right edge of the table lined up with the 7-1/4" mark. That allowed me to keep the red line scales for both the left and right side about in the middle of the horizontal adjustment.

Comment

Does anyone know where to find the foot stiffeners? I couldn't locate them in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by sandking View Post
                  Does anyone know where to find the foot stiffeners? I couldn't locate them in the box.
                  Mine were pushed way down in one of the small holes in the foam. I thought they were missing at first.
                  SSG, U.S. Army
                  Retired
                  K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
                    Mine were pushed way down in one of the small holes in the foam. I thought they were missing at first.

I thought the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by stidrvr View Post
                      I thought the same thing
                      Found them thanks.

Using my Johnson 48" level and feeler gauges I have less than .003" across the whole table. Assuming of course that the level is machined well. There are machining marks on it and it says I think within .001" so I think I'm all good here.

Thanks to the posting here on the updated manual the Herculift went together easy!!! I haven't even checked which manual I have yet, just took the laptop into the shop and followed those directions.

This week I'll finish the setup.

Comment

Hi

Putting together my 3650 and ran into an issue I need input on. I am trying to align the front and back rails to the rip fence page 22/23 in the manaul. Sliding the rip fence to the right miter gauge I can't get the front of the fence to less than 11 pages the back will tighten to within the 8 pages limit but evertime I tighten up the front rail it raises up to the 10-12 page range at the miter slot. If I slide the fence towards the edge of the table I get to the 8-9 page range. Is this a cause for concen and if so how do I fix it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1rreynolds View Post
                          Hi

Putting together my 3650 and ran into an issue I need input on. I am trying to align the front and back rails to the rip fence page 22/23 in the manaul. Sliding the rip fence to the right miter gauge I can't get the front of the fence to less than 11 pages the back will tighten to within the 8 pages limit but evertime I tighten up the front rail it raises up to the 10-12 page range at the miter slot. If I slide the fence towards the edge of the table I get to the 8-9 page range. Is this a cause for concen and if so how do I fix it. Thanks.
                          I found setting the fence height via the rear rail to be a bit tricky. I especially disliked the advice to use 11 pages from the manual instead of giving a dimension. The shipping grease made a mess of my manual. Wouldn't you know, I used the English pages instead of another language section where it does not matter.

When I would raise the rear rail to get the correct fence height, the miter gauge guide would hit the rear rail. I ended up mounting the rear rail as low as it would go so the miter gauge guide would clear it. I tightened the nut at the rear of the fence enough so the fence would not drag on the table (tightening raises the fence), but not so tight that it would cause the fence to bind anywhere. I found there to be a fine line between the fence dragging on the table and having the fence bind slightly at the outer right end of travel. To give a bit more clearance to the back end of the fence, I loosened the two bolts holding the rear fence against the long end of the table and pushed up on the fence before tightening the bolts. This gave me the clearance I wanted under the fence and still allowed the miter gauge to freely clear the rear rail.

Comment

Thanks to the posting here on the updated manual the Herculift went together easy!!!
                            Awwee Man, theres an updated manual on the Herculift, no wonder it was a PITA to assemble

Comment

Originally posted by stidrvr View Post
                              Awwee Man, theres an updated manual on the Herculift, no wonder it was a PITA to assemble

I'm not sure if it's updated. I just went to the link from this thread for the 3650 manual.

Comment

I just finished putting my 3650 together and had no problems at all but spent my time (3 days) doing it. I was impressed the way the fastening hardware was packaged and the ease of putting it all together. I built this alignment gauge to check out the saw and out-of-the-box, the fence is less than .002 from front to back but the blade is off by .023 so looks like I need to adjust that. Even without making any cuts with this saw, I am very impressed. Can't wait to align it and start using it.

Craig

Last edited by CraigM56; 05-01-2007, 03:25 PM. Reason: Posted before complete

Comment

Working...
                                X