X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch battery in a skil sawzall?

I know this is a ridgid forum, but I there is a lot of posting activity here, by people who use tools on a regular basis.

I am contemplating getting a bosch 18v drill. I use a drill all the time, but rarely would use a sawzall or cordless circular saw. So I don't want to lay out the cash for a bosch combo kit.

But a guy can pickup the new skil 18v tools pretty cheap. I was wondering if the 18v bosch batter would work in the the skill sawzall/circular saw? I know bosch makes skill now.

Thanks,

~S

Further, what about a ridgid 18v battery in a ryobi tool?

Thanks,

~S

Comment

I have to admit that I'm not that familiar with the Skil line of tools but don't their cordless tools come with batteries or can you purchase the tool less the battery like Ryobi? I don't know if the 18V Bosch battery will run an 18V Skil tool or not but if the battery fits into the battery compartment I don't see why it wouldn't.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Does anyone know if the fit?

I have phone two HD's and no one had an answer for me other than the safe: "you shouldn't do this...".

If someone can tell me if they fit, I will be the guinea pig, on trying/buying.

~S

Comment

It might work but I wouldn't try it. just because the battery fits does not mean that the various tabs (connectors) on the battery are lined up with the proper polarity tabs in the tool. The two manufacturers could (I have no way of knowing) be using the came vendor for their battery shells, but that does not mean the are wired up the same inside.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X