X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Belt Adjustment ?

Purchased TS3650 yesterday. Read thru all the great advice and checked out the on-line manual, too. Assembled today. One SWEET TS!
    Question:
    When installing belt, manual(s) say to raise blade all the way up, lift motor until washer on slot screw is even with back edge of slot, pull motor back to take out slack in belt and tighten set screws. When I did this, it put the top right (viewed from back of saw) motor mount screw head in contact with the mount casting. As such, when squeezing the belt, the motor can move no farther.
    I backed off a bit to give 3/8" clearance, and motor pivots freely and saw runs good. I don't know if the slot was cut too deep (it runs all the way to the bend in the bracket metal), if the motor mount stove bolts have been repositioned, or if I have something out of kilter. When dropping the blade all the way down, there is still over an inch of adjustment room left in the slot, so belt tension stays good.

Noticed a couple of other things that I will post to the TS3650 assembly thread. Thank you all for the great tips.
    Practicing at practical wood working

Try this, with the blade all the way down install the motor with no tension on the belt. This worked for me.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Thanks for reply. Saw does fine like it is but I was wondering if I had another of those "senior momemts"?
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Belt Adjustment (TS3650)

I recently purchased a TS3650 and the setup went very well. My manual indicated that I should install the belt and then squeeze the belt at the middle point and ensure that the motor moved freely. Initially there was too much slack in the belt and I had to pull the motor out. I then found a motor position where there was approx. 1/2" of play in the slot when the blade was down and the same on the other end of the slot when the blade is up.

Comment

Good job

Originally posted by Gofor
          Purchased TS3650 yesterday. Read thru all the great advice Not quite. You missed where I said "The instructions for adjusting the motor are a little screwy. Just set the motor so there is tension on the belt through the full range of blade heights." and checked out the on-line manual, too. Assembled today. One SWEET TS! Yes, it is!
          Question:
          When installing belt, manual(s) say to raise blade all the way up, lift motor until washer on slot screw is even with back edge of slot, pull motor back to take out slack in belt and tighten set screws. When I did this, it put the top right (viewed from back of saw) motor mount screw head in contact with the mount casting. As such, when squeezing the belt, the motor can move no farther. See above.
          I backed off a bit to give 3/8" clearance, and motor pivots freely and saw runs good. That's a good thing! I don't know if the slot was cut too deep (it runs all the way to the bend in the bracket metal), if the motor mount stove bolts have been repositioned, or if I have something out of kilter. When dropping the blade all the way down, there is still over an inch of adjustment room left in the slot, See above.so belt tension stays good. That's another good thing! Sounds like you figgered it out purty good all on your own.

Noticed a couple of other things that I will post to the TS3650 assembly thread. Thank you all for the great tips.
          10 characters
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
          X