what do/don't you use in your cordless combo kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BobD,

Could it be interpreted that "for a limited time" simply means that you only have 90-days from the date of purchase, to register your tool?

"you must register your qualifying RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tool, Stationary Power Tool or Pneumatic Tool within 90 days after purchase."

Also, there was mention of registering previous purchases, which was a "limited time" offer:

"Customers who purchased qualifying RIDGID® Power Tools between Feb. 1, 2004 and April 14, 2005 may register those tools by completing the on line form at www.ridgid.com or a registration form (found at point of purchase) and also mailing in a copy of the store receipt to the address above.
    Registration must be postmarked by August 12, 2005."

Of course, purchasers of Ridgid hand-held power tools during the first few months of introduction received a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" as dod anyone who purchased the older "gray" shop tools.

Either way, the warranty is in place and I'm NOT particularly suspicious of it. The only problems that I've seen so far is the lack of conveniently located service centers and the slowness of replacement parts.

CWS

Comment

In respone to the original topic,
      I have a Skil (don't laugh, see explanation below) 18v 4-pack, and I use every tool in it. I started out using the drill on a weekly or so basis, and over the last year the drill and the reciprocating saw have seen daily use (I'm remodeling). The circular saw also gets a lot of use - no battery-powered circ saw has a great deal of power, but if you only need to make a few cuts ever hour or so, I find it's really awesome to have the cordless capability, as I use it all over the house. And though I would prefer one of Dewalt's snake-light dealies, a 4-position flashlight's not bad, either.

So anyways, the 'Skil' thing -
      This set was a Christmas gift from my folks year before last, and they were pretty much the first power tools I ever owned. I was in pre-med, and though I wouldn't admit it, I didn't have much direction in my life. I'd always loved New Yankee Workshop, so I figured that I'd use the tools to build a little work table, and maybe that would interest me in wood-working. Anyways fast forward 13 months later, I'm remodeling my aunt's home, and I'm starting up a house-flipping company with some friends. So these cheap little Skil tools not only perform very well, but they changed my life.

Comment

Working...
      X