X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 Table Extension

I have a question regarding an addition of a table extension to the right of the saw mounted to the rails and cast iron extension. I do not plan to place a router in the extension it would only allow me more work surface.

My question is do you think I would need any additional support for the extension such as legs?

Kinda depends on how wide you plan on making it. I added a 16" extension to my 3612 and just laid it on the rail system and secured it to the seperator bar. I butted it up agains the CI wing and used a couple of c-clamps to level it with the wing. Quick easy and works well as an extra work area.

If you wanted it to be considerably wider than the rail system then it probably would require some form of support.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Kinda depends on how wide you plan on making it. I added a 16" extension to my 3612 and just laid it on the rail system and secured it to the seperator bar. I butted it up agains the CI wing and used a couple of c-clamps to level it with the wing. Quick easy and works well as an extra work area.

If you wanted it to be considerably wider than the rail system then it probably would require some form of support.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Good advice.
        Worth repeating,
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
        X