X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding wax

I have not been able to find any wax for my table saw. I checked home depot and walmart. My saw is 1 month old and I want to wax it before it gets bad. Where and what shold I buy. Keep in mind that it will be an internet order.
    I have heard alot about the Johnson, and if it is pretty good, I will try it.

Just Randy
    Randy

This is what I use, it requires a little elbow grease but the results are worth it.

http://www.boatus-store.com/webapp/w...02/167/11201/4

Woodslayer

Comment

Do you live on the dark side of the moon?

You can buy it direct from Johnsons here.

http://www.scjbrands.com/mailorder/

I get mine at True Valu.

I've also heard that Butchers is good.

Why does it have to be an internet order?
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

is it safe for cast iron? How often do you have to apply?
        Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax
          You can buy it direct from Johnsons here.

http://www.scjbrands.com/mailorder/

I get mine at True Valu.

I've also heard that Butchers is good.

Why does it have to be an internet order?
          Because I have checked in Lubbock Tx. 4 diffrent times, and I just want to get some with out looking all over lubbock again.
          Randy

Comment

Johnson's is fine for cast iron, steel, etc. but it was designed for hardwood floors. You should be able to find it in the housewares or janitorial section of hardware stores or grocery markets.
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Check in the paint department at Home Depot for Minwax Paste Wax. It's a furniture wax like the Johnsons and will work just as well.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The Home Depot SKU is 422-177. If you call ahead and give them that number, they can check the computer to make sure it is in stock.

Still dry in Lubbock?

Comment

Originally posted by cjh20
                  The Home Depot SKU is 422-177. If you call ahead and give them that number, they can check the computer to make sure it is in stock.

Still dry in Lubbock?
                  Thanks, I will call tomorow. Yep, still can't buy beer in the city. You have to drive out to the strip. I live in Post, so I don't have to mess with it.
                  Randy

Comment

I was actually talking about the weather . I have family that live in Amarillo and they haven't had rain in ages (decades, if you listen to my Dad). I, on the other hand live someplace where it has rained all but two days in the last 40 or so days. My biscuits have swollen! (Lorax, before you say anything, I'm talking about plate joining). I had to put them in the oven to shrink them to fit.

I had forgotten that there were dry (sans alcohol) cities in Texas. Can't believe I forgot that: I grew up in a dry Texas town .

Comment

Here in post, yesterday was our 90th day without any precip. When I woke up today, it was raining. Wasn't alot, just enought for a good smell. We need a 2 weeks worth of rain.
                      Randy

Comment

I'm about to pick up the Ridgid jobsite 10" table saw - am I going to need to wax it, or is that more for the higher-end, workshop table saws?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightgar
                          I'm about to pick up the Ridgid jobsite 10" table saw - am I going to need to wax it, or is that more for the higher-end, workshop table saws?
                          If you're talking about the TS2400, IIRC it has an aluminum bed so you wouldn't need to worry about rust prevention. The manual does recommend a coat of wax for the sake of smooth operation, however. Wax definitely makes wood feed more easily.
                          -- <br />Often wrong, never in doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by just randy
                            I have not been able to find any wax for my table saw. I checked home depot and walmart. My saw is 1 month old and I want to wax it before it gets bad. Where and what shold I buy. Keep in mind that it will be an internet order.
                            I have heard alot about the Johnson, and if it is pretty good, I will try it.

Just Randy
                            found mine at farm and flee$4.50

Comment

$5.99...Not bad price

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(ot...aspx?SKU=10085

Comment

Working...
                              X