Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNG here

Howdy all -

I'm yet another FNG to the forums, and I was wondering something: I know it says 'woodworking', but does this board cover other topics such as remodeling or construction? I'm looking at the main list of Ridgid forums, and I'm not seeing either of those - I read the first 5 or 6 pages of threads in the woodworking forum, and I sense a friendly community, but it doesn't cover everything I am interested in.

I am definitely interested in building furniture, but that me be a few years off; right now I'm remodeling my aunt's turn-of-the-century house, and I'm starting up a house-flipping business in the summer, so I'll be doing quite a bit of finish carpentry, but not so much of the furniture building.

So is this where I should be, or can someone point me in the right direction?

fightgar, i'm sure if you ask a question, there will be someone more than happy to help you. especially in the plumbing department

stick with it, and test us.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

As plumber Rick says, some one will help. I have over 50 years 0f carpentry/cabinet experience to throw your way. And, I see HVAC people, eletricians and just about every other trade chiming in to help. It's a great forum with lots of helpful people.
      Jim

Comment

Bring it on

Fightgar, I have seen all kinds of posts on this forum and folks always seem willing to help where they can.

(At the very least Lorax is usually good for a chuckle! )
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Uh oh, I think I'm getting a reputation.

Hey, wadda ya mean "at the very least"??
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Now you've done it!

Easy L!
            He didn't mean nothin by it...
            Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

Ooops!!!

Well now. I don't want to start a brawl!

Just pointing out if Fightgar couldn't find any posts with information he was looking for he could at least look forward to some humor along the way! That's what makes this community nice to hang around in. Friendly, courteous and useful!
              Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Quite the Salesman

Wow WW!

Friendly, courteous and useful!
                That's what i call a sales pitch!

I do have to agree with your there though.
                Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

I think LORAX...

should have gone the Joe Pesci route, I 'm funny, funny how, funny like a clown, I am here to amuse you....

Well amuse/abuse it is all the same, I know I'll get mine when I ask my dumb questions.

Comment

Originally posted by aimlesssoul
                    should have gone the Joe Pesci route, I 'm funny, funny how, funny like a clown, I am here to amuse you....

Well amuse/abuse it is all the same, I know I'll get mine when I ask my dumb questions.
                    Said one cannibal to another while snacking on clowns does that taste funny to you?

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
                      At the very least Lorax is usually good for a chuckle!
                      You'd be funny (ha ha/weird) too if you survived teenagers long enough for them to become adults and you get to sit back and laugh as they get whats coming to them. My parents just love my little boy. I'm working on giving him a prober upbringing. We go to a hardware store once a week practicing the names of power tools. I'd laugh if his first word were drill or saw!

I have helped my dad remodel the house i grew up in. The only things that haven't changed is the foundation one wall and front porch. I'm kind of a jackass of all trades on a small scale.

I'm a second year Electrical Apprentice and love my work.
                      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
                      X